Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards for Good is horrible

Message 41 of 73

Thanks, Teri.

The point about seeing "Nan" points on that quiz is to further establish how creaky and poorly managed the rewards program is.

So, I know better than take a quiz I've already taken. If I had taken that quiz within the past monht, right up front the RFG site will tell me I did. It almost always does.

In this case it didn't say anything. It didn't say boo about my last taking it.

So If I then take a test like that, is the outcome likely to be "Nan" point again?  Or is that a random quirk?

Like i said, AARP needs to find a new partner to manage the rewards program.

Bonus question: Teri, do you work for AARP or the third party manager?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 73

@Tomsowa 

Hey Tom

Teri has provided great info for you..... good news knowing you didn't miss out on getting rewarded points.

Take care and enjoy your week 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 73

@AARPTeri 

Teri thanks a bunch for your research in finding he'd done already Appreciate your time and help

Have a blessed day !

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 73

@Tomsowa 

Your account shows points earned for both English and Spanish BMI calculator on 5-21-2019 (150 points each).  These are both once per month activities so you won't be eligible to earn again until next month.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 73

@jl8385995 

Jl 

The "Do you know how to stay healthy on a trip" Quiz is a Yearly Quiz take once a year these all roll over each January 1st 

Also you can verify whether you've been rewarded those points already by checking on your My Rewards page 

I recall this quiz being highlighted in an email recently which I've requested R4G consider making quizzes they highlight on Earns Page and in emails be set to give points for 7 days I was told it'd be considered cause it can be frustrating to click and always come up already done I still do it even though I know I do all yearly first couple months of year Unless there is a new Quiz which we just got a new one Driving Test Quiz I can only get my 4 Daily Quizzes and Promo codes in Emails during the year along with doing All Monthly ones each month. 

FYI @Tomsowa & @jl8385995 

There are Community Helpers here to help anyone with any issues they may have

@AARPTeri  & @VoyagerVicki 

Teri and Vicki are my favorites around this R4G community 

So with my @highlighting them (which any member can do in their posts when want help) I am reaching out to them for you two & hopefully you will get the needed info soon.

Teri & Vicki can you assist these folks with their issues? 

Thanks I appreciate any help you can provide Thanks 

Tom & AL hopefully my info and help from workers will make it possible for you to get back to enjoying R4G site and all it offers 

Have a great week 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 73

@Tomsowa 

Hi Tom

from pic in your post appears you may have been doing BMI in Spanish Version because NaN is response to earning 0 points in Spanish that I've seen before. 

The BMI Test can be used anytime to access your BMI but only rewards points 1 time a month. So you most likely have already earned those points this month?? You can verify if you have already been rewarded by checking your

" My Rewards" Page from drop down menu on Rewards page Hope this helps

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 73

I've gotten over how crappy the Rewards program here is. It's not worth stressing over. It's barely operational. For instance, look at the screenshot of a "REWARD" I earned today.

What the what? I earned NaN points?  

Moreover, you can't really blame AARP for shuttling all their rewards responsibitilites to some third party company that manages it. I once wanted to track down that barely competent firm and get all nasty about the way they managed the program. But what good would that do? 

AARP is really more focused on some of their money making endeavors, like selling health plans and working with third party travel firms and retailers, trying to get its members to sign up for goods and services. 

I get that. That's how they pay their bills.  AARP is also trying to engender awareness among members for key political and social issues, and that's a positive thing.

So yeah, go ahead and complain and see if AARP really cares. My general belief is when you're complaining about Rewards, the message goes to people who don't spend a lot of time on Rewards issues. They are probably relying on that third party manager to give answers or provide solutions to some of the rewards problems members run into.

AARP reward.jpg

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 73

When  I tried to take the Healthy Trip quiz today, it told me I had already take it, this happens on almost every quiz that is offered, at least one of them will state that I have already taken it, when I have not, how can this be corrected.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards for Good is horrible EVEN WORSE THAN HORRIBLE!!

Message 49 of 73

I never buy merchandise. I just want the gift cards and can never get them. I don't care about the stupid magazines or knives or earbuds, etc. That is the stuff that never sells out. I have 17,000 points and can't use them. It's just so annoying not getting in on the gift cards 

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards for Good is horrible EVEN WORSE THAN HORRIBLE!!

Message 50 of 73

Well, I sort of agree but am less emotional about it.  I would say that Rewards for Good is a sales gimmick at best.  Any "values" I've seen advertised are almost always available for the same price or less out in the general market where "points" are not needed.  I'm just thankful that I'm not an impulsive buyer as I would have bought things that I would have thought were a good deal at first only to be disappointed later on when I find out that I could have gotten the same item for the same price or less elsewhere.  I always check any merchandise I'm looking at and it's never a deal.

I would say the one exception would be the gift cards--if you plan in advance you can save 10% on the cards and maybe even find a deal at the establishment that honors the gift card to save even more.

Auctions are up in the air.  I haven't won one yet, but would certainly think more highly of Rewards for Good if I ever do.

Overall, I think earning points by completing and reviewing quizzes that raise my awareness or keep my mind sharp are fine.  I just accept the fact that the points accumulation is more of a "game" type challenge of raising my score. I never anticipate that they'll be much more than that.

Kudos
Views