Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards for Good is horrible

Message 62 of 73

@on August 15th, Epster wrote:

Came back to say that I surpassed 700,000 Rewards points on Sunday. 

You can earn points pretty quickly. I now have 729,034 points. That's nearly 30,000 points in a month. Do a search for the 'r4g earn points' tag to learn how to get 291 points daily. (more on Sunday and the beginning of the month)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 73

@Tomsowa, All,

Sorry, I meant to post this link last night but got sidetracked. Here's the link to the new Rewards for Good forum: http://community.aarp.org/t5/Rewards-for-Good/bd-p/RewardsforGood

You'll find it listed under the Technology Forum header in the Discussion navigation options located on the upper right side of your screen when on the homepage. See image below.

navigation menu.pngNew Rewards for Good forum navigation

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 73

Hey @Tomsowa Have you seen the updates for Rewards For Good? A number of previously broken tasks have been fixed, and there's a new Rewards For Good forum, as well. (Look for that on the upper right side of your main page's navigation bar. There's also a thread (in the R4G forun) about what's been fixed as well as what's not. 

It ain't perfect, but it is better. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 73

This sounds like a nightmare - I don't even know if I am posting in the right place.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 73

@sugartongs

The AARP team is constantly reviewing feedback from users posting in the forums.  The feedback you provide helps AARP create an exceptional experience for all users on our site.

It would be extremely helpful if you could share more details around your post.  Sharing can be done here in the discussion thread or by sending an email to community@aarp.org.

It would be nice to know…

• What you're looking for and unable to find?
  • What could we be doing that would help?
  • Why do you ignore the emails?  All our mailings offer an unsubscribe option.  Are you still reading the information provided and just not clicking any links?

Thank you.

Sandy

@sugartongs wrote:

I think the whole website is pretty poor. I can't figure out how to do much of anything on it. Mostly I just ignore the emails I get telling me about anything on the website.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 73

I think the whole website is pretty poor. I can't figure out how to do much of anything on it. Mostly I just ignore the emails I get telling me about anything on the website.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 73

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Rewards for Good program.  It’s critical that we hear from you as we work on improving the experience.

We continue to find ways to add new features that will improve Rewards for Good.  Some recent changes requested by users like you include:

• The addition of messaging that lets you know when the 5,000 daily points limit has been reached.
  • The ability to see your points total in the header when on a mobile phone.
  • The ability to set a maximum bid in auctions vs. manual bidding. This mirrors best practice auction experiences that are used on other popular bidding websites and was developed based on feedback from many of our auction participants.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.  We appreciate your continued patronage as we work on creating an exceptional experience for our members.

Thank you.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 73

@MaVolta wrote:

I ordered one item, and it took a few calls to customer service to get it delivered.

It finally arrived, and was a nice jewelry item, but I can order the same brand elsewhere using a store discount coupon, and not have the hassle.

I ordered exercise equipment and ceramic lined pans last year and they arrived with no issue. The exercise equipment was a daily deal, so those were a steal. And it is all fine quality. The pans were a slightly lesser grade than I have purchased locally, for a few bucks less (well, plus those thousand Rewards points). I wasn't overly impressed. I still use the pans, so I'm being picky, I guess. Smiley Happy

Has anyone ever won a gift card from the sweepstakes? Or does anyone know how winners are notified?

Not me. I don't know how people are notified but have read a number of complaints about the process --and mistrust sweepstakes in general-- so stopped spending Rewards points on them. The system gives me an entry each day for showing up. I delete the notification and move on. Smiley Happy Apparently that's not enough effort to win the sweepstakes. Smiley Happy

I'm holding out for a bunch of outdoor store and/or sporting goods store and/or box store gift cards to help me outfit the RV when we get one. Smiley Happy Maybe I should start lobbying for Camping World gift cards now! Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 73

I don't waste a lot of time trying to earn more points. I take the freebies that come along in the email and then spend them on sweepstakes entries. I've never won even a small gift card from the sweepstakes. I don't even bother with the auction bids since it takes way too many points and way too much time. The merchandise selection isn't that great either. I ordered one item, and it took a few calls to customer service to get it delivered. It finally arrived, and was a nice jewelry item, but I can order the same brand elsewhere using a store discount coupon, and not have the hassle.

Has anyone ever won a gift card from the sweepstakes? Or does anyone know how winners are notified?

Kudos
Views