Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards for Good, employee participation

Message 1 of 3

Until now, I had only a vague idea of how it worked. I'm glad to know that employees can participate in the program, but only to the extent you described. Their participation does not detract from the rest of us, yet gives them the added bonus of getting good deals on more direct purchases through RFG when they are available. That does sound fair.

Thank you, AARPTeri.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards for Good, employee participation

Message 2 of 3

@Brightpool

Thanks for sharing your concerns. It's true that AARP employees can participate in the program.  However, their participation is more limited than other participants in the program.  For example, the terms,  conditions, and sweepstakes officials rules posted on the website for both Auctions and Sweepstakes clearly prohibit AARP and employees of Rewards for Good from winning. Auctions:  "Employees of Program Manager and/or Rewards for Good or any of their respective affiliates or subsidiaries, as well as the immediate families and/or those living in the same household of any of the same, are not eligible to win auctions under Rewards for Good."   Sweepstakes: "Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents, suppliers or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Promotion and their immediate families and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate."

Staff can earn points, but only in the same ways as other Rewards for Good participants, and the same limits apply (e.g., daily cap, earn activities restricted to daily, weekly, annual limits, etc.).  There are no additional ways for staff to earn points.  Some staff members do purchase Merchandise, and do so in the same way any other participant does (e.g., same website, same merchandise items.)

The Rewards for Good program is about helping participants learn about AARP's social mission.  (It’s not an employee program.)  If participants take some quizzes and learn about saving for retirement and ways to improve health, that's a win for all of us.  Thanks for participating in the program and sharing your thoughts!

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Rewards for Good, employee participation

Message 3 of 3

Do I understand correctly that RFG employees also participate in all the RFG activities of earning and using RFG points on sweepstakes, auctions, and marketplace purchases?

I’m curious: Do RFG employees earn points and use them the same way AARP members do?

Are employees restricted to the same daily earning limit of 5,000 points?

Are they also limited to the daily, weekly, annually, and one-time-only exercises as we AARP members are?

OR

Do RFG employees earn points on an internal merit system for employees?

Do they have access to anything not readily available to AARP members (not counting for administrative tasks, of course)?

Are RFG employees restricted from any activities available to AARP members because of possible conflicts of interest?

I can understand if RFG employees can participate, just as I can understand employees in a retail store getting special employee discounts. But, I am curious how the RFG employees might participate and if RFG employees have any restrictions based on being employees versus AARP members.

Kudos
Views
Replies