From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards for Good email 2/19/2019

Message 1 of 17

@AARPTeri 

You Rock girl 🤩🤗

Thanks so much for your help and attention to our posts

Grateful to hear that our suggestions will be heard and considered.

Thanks for all you do for our community 

Everyone have a beautiful day! 

Ginger  : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 17

@k380494p , @gm5271@andrewtoo , @Epster , 

Thank you all for your suggestions, we are listening and take these suggestions seriously.  We will have the team re-evaluate the frequency of earning points based on this feedback.  We are passionate about improving the overall Rewards for Good experience and feedback from members like you help shape future improvements. 

We do keep all eligible activities up to date on the earn page – so when something is no longer providing points or has an issue we try to remove it asap.  Thanks to you all for helping report these to us!  Please note this is why earned activities are subject to change at any time. 

The tools and calculators sometimes have issues that are not quick resolutions so you may see those items take a bit longer to resolve and sometimes are just no longer given points.  We are looking into the Social Security tool and I hope to update early next week on that specific one.

Sorry for not responding to each of these - but hopefully I have answered and addressed your concerns.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 17

@Epster 

Thanks for sharing your experience that gives hope to all those desiring change 

& knowing R4G folks care and do best they can.... makes it worthy of efforts 

Oh happy day! 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

Hello @Epster 

You know far better than I what a moderator can do, you are a valuable resource, and all around nice person!  But, lets consider a couple of recent failures also, just to balance the scales:

Health Tools [Topic]

The last communication listed on the topic by a moderator was on 12/17/18 by @AARPTeri and I quote, "I am checking internally on this issue and will get back to you.  We apologize for your frustration.

AARPTeri"

There were a total of 42 posts to that thread (that's a lot of "attention" in my opinion) and we only lost points, rather than gain points.  I was really amazed at how hard it was to get a moderator to post to this topic in the first place (someone even threatened to quit AARP) and the moderator just left the topic "dangling."
----------------------------------------------------
The Calculator began to work, but, I have gotten no response as to whether it is corrected or not.  And, I asked if they are ready to put back on the Earn Points page.  Sent request for update on 2/12/19.  The last post by a moderator was 2/4/19 (which was a prompt response), however, no update since.

When the site is down; I will be sure to post here.  If there is a problem with a link (that I care about); I will be sure to post here.  I'll be sure to @ Moderators as I see fit.  But, I like the customer feedback page also.  I think that if I feel strongly about an issue then it would be a good idea to post my concerns here in the forum, and to: https://rewards.aarp.org/#/helpcenter/contact?_k=ug9181

Of course, I encourage others to do the same.
Respectfully,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

@andrewtoo 

Thanks! THANKS Thanks 

Thanks for sharing 

Their reply sounds really good and definitely hopeful.... Indeed we all make a great team... sometimes ignoring 1 voice is easy but tougher ignore the voice of many 

Good Job everyone Grateful for all everyone does for our community 

Enjoy & have a beautiful day,

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17

One thing I think has been communicated time and again on these boards relative to the R4G program is the sense that the points are practically worthless, they have become so devalued. I think that's well worth mentioning over and over. 

Another thing my marketer's ear has picked up many times on these threads is a sense of abandonment lurking beneath the complaint du jour. Users do not feel management is particularly responsive, nor do they feel their issues are being dealt with. And that's another point to discuss until resolve is reached, in my book, anyway.

Sorry, not meaning to hijack this thread. Back to my marketing day job. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17

@andrewtoo wrote:

Although discussing issues in this forum is important to determine if others support structural changes in the Rewards for Good program, I'm not sure that it is enough to effect change.  The type of change we suggest may be a big change for them; I don't know.  We can @ moderators with our concerns, but do our suggestions get heard by those who can make a change; again, I don't know.

I can answer that.  Yes, our comments and concerns can be and have been heard by those with the ability to enact changes to the Rewards program. I know this because I have in the past been witness to it both directly and indirectly.

So keep talking about what you love about the program. Keep talking about what you'd like to see the program include, drop, fix, improve. The more we talk (note I didn't say rant Smiley Happy) the more likely it is that we'll garner attention. Attention leads to change.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17

Hello @k380494p 

I received a response to my suggestions a few hours ago (below); still fairly prompt, in my book.  It may be forwarded and placed in the "circular file" later, but it sounds like the department handling the R4G emails will at least get our feedback.  I'm glad @gm5271 suggested allowing a week for us to get points on emailed quizzes and that time period seemed to be agreeable.  Together we come up with good ideas.

"Subject

AARP Rewards For Good - Program Feedback

Dear Member,

Thank you for your email. We will forward your suggestions to the appropriate department for review. We appreciate your feedback and we will continue to explore new ways to offer our members exciting features. We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of the program.

Thank you for being an AARP Rewards for Good member.

Customer Service"

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17

@k380494p wrote:

@andrewtoo Thanks for the suggestion and link to the R4G help center.  I did copy my post and send it off to them.  I have been a member for over two years and it seems that, like you, everytime I click on the links in the R4G emails I get the badge indicating that I already received the points.  It would be very nice if they reset them, if even for a week like suggested by @gm5271 .

@k380494p I cannot agree with you more. Same with the highlighted quizzes on the Earn Page. I get that there are new users to help out and that they are hoping to draw people (back?) in, but over the past year I bet I've only been able to earn points on 3 of the dozens of highlighted quizzes (via the Earn Page and email). To say that this situation is tiresome is to say the least. It would be so much more invigorating if R4G was loose with points, especially seeing how overvalued are the R4G offerings.

From a marketing point of view, this false promise gig (highlighting quizzes, promising points only for long time customers to discover that you only mean to reward newbies) is ruinous to customer buy-in. 

And hey, yowse guys, @gm5271 @andrewtoo @k380494p , thanks for kicking this around. Nothing will change if we fail to speak our piece. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17

@k380494p  @andrewtoo 

Thanks  K & Andrew for sending those requests. Reply you got does sound wee bit encouraging so maybe something good will result. 

Ginger 😍

Kudos
Views