Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards for Good a Disappointment

Message 1 of 20

I can't see the details, but this whole changeover is about MONEY. Why AARP just can't be honest about the change. All this about "improved" is total bull. And there promise of new deals to use up your points, what a croc. $100 a pair sunglasses, hardy har-har.

Come on AARP, but honest with your members. Stop acting like the fat corporation you have become.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

Hello @PaulZ250361@EsmeraldaG217685  ,

Bidding on the (1) Sweeps would have taken 398 points a day from your balance, but that's not a lot when you have so many points.  But don't forget that all the points you have remaining on 9/23 will be entered into the Thank You Sweepstakes +50 Winners.  Maybe you will win.

@EsmeraldaG217685 I feel disappointed also, because I was saving my points to try and win something of value, and now most gone on a $5 gift card.  @PaulZ250361 it's very unfair for our hard earned points to just be thrown awaySmiley Sad  I believe the majority of the community feels this way.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

The point I made a few days ago is that if a person earns and accumulates points it should not be taken away. Doesn't matter if points were accumulated over 10 years or one year. I spent time every day reading AARP articles and participating in the quizzes to earn my points. I don't recall seeing any AARP posts that there was going to be a tier structure when they offered me the R4G program. Was there something I missed in the fine print?

It's just my point of view that if a person earns points it would not be taken away.

As far as the posted contest dates, there is not enough time left for me to play the 200-point daily limit to use up my points and I don't have enough points to compete with other auctioneers who are bidding 100's of thousands of points for trips or other goods.

So, in the end, the points I have remaining on 9/23 will be taken away and it's not fair:(

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

I am also dissapointed with this change. I joined AARP for the discounted Carnival cruise gift cards. Now I have a little extra money to buy gift cards, but not enough points left. Not knowing how the new program will be is frustrating 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

Holy Cow! Thanks Gem for taking time to post all of that information, @gm5271 !

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

@gm5271 

Ginger, thanks for the screenshots.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

@mi4090 

Happy Sunday Marylin

Thanks for that info I thought it had started in last decade. But as Epster & others used say were lots ways to earn early on I wasn't very active back then 

I have the same info that you & everyone else has gotten -- don't have any inside track nor had any private communications with helpers about changeover-- but there has been so much posted its a bit overwhelming to recall it all

So think we all recall different parts which is to be expected but confusing

Anyways I went digging through Teri's post from the beginning of the announcement. You may recall them using word "Legacy" the other helper Sandy explained this well also on another thread I didn't look for it but if you desire read find her name & click on then you can choose read list of ALL her posts till find what seeking 

Anyways again, Teri made reference to Rewarding "Legacy" members which in turn meant folks been loyal to R4G and R4G Community & such at least that's my assumption from all have read I think the bonus will be based on each person's R4G program & activity. 

Have 2 screenshots below of parts of her 1st post it shows link for more info 

Maybe this will help & you can find the answers your seeking? ¿?¿

Have a splendid week 

Ginger :  ) 

Legacy R4G BonusLegacy R4G BonusInfo on 1st post about changeoverInfo on 1st post about changeover

🙂 Smile & the world Smiles with you 😉 Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

Yes, only one sweep is disappointing.  I continue to complain, but, it doesn't seem to change management's mind.  I suspect someone up there in management is more stubborn rather than customer-focused.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

Hello @valeriov52121 ,

Yes there's only (1) Sweeps left, it's probably because everything is about to end.  Who knows we may get another big (5) day Sweeps before the 23rd.  

I'm sure you already know that when you enter the 199 points that will deduct 398 points from your points balance and then you can enter 2 free entries, and you've reached your daily limit.

You're right about the "Auctions", a big jokeSmiley Mad  I call the Sweeps the "Points Graveyard"Smiley LOL  It's all that's left, except trying for Points Only "Daily Deals".  It's sad, but it's just about over.  Any points you have at the end will automatically go to the Thank You Sweeps +50 Winners.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

Hello , the only sweepstakes i get on my " Live Sweepstakes " screen is a $ 300 Target card that will end on 9-13 . Do we have others sweepstakes available ? what happened to all the $25 cards ?Right now i can only use 199 points daily for sweeps !!

And the Auctions ? A JOKE !!!!!

Looking at the " Closed Auctions " looks like if you still have lots of points like me you can probably get a $5 card for about 200K points or more BUT if you have little points you can bet and win the same $5 card with $6K to 20K .WHY ?

Where are those low betting auctions cards ?

Everybody should be able to bet on every auctions !!!!

Not very happy at all with all this confusion going on !!

Good day to you all......

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.