Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards for Good a Disappointment

Message 11 of 20

@gm5271 

Ginger, the R4G program launched in February 2014, so we've had 5 years with the program which was the first of it's kind for AARP. 

Help me understand, you're saying the Bonus Package is based on how long you've been an AARP member or a "Rewards for Good" member as per your communications with Administration?

That would be some helpful information if you could clarify which membership  the Bonus Package it's base on.  I'm thinking it's based on loyalty to the R4G program and membership over the duration of the program.  Thanks for letting us knowSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 20

@mi4090 

Morning Marylin 

I joined AARP when I turned 50(11 years) can't recall but not sure if R4G existed then but do recall all the emails & I tried things on my phone couldn't do quizzes on phone so R4G didn't work for me when working & raising family so let it go

Only got real active in R4G Spring 2018 think was & came to Community not long after looking for clues with my issues with Daily Deal the rest you pretty much know

I have  no idea or clues what they plan .... in same boat as you & everyone & I reckon they are not going to discuss our Bonuses cause they've been asked numerous times & refuse to share We'll find out when get that email which by way was supposed to be to us at 30 days b4 new Rewards start but I've not gotten anything so its late. I guess we may find out what some folks receive in bonus since I'll assume there usually is always going to be someone upset no matter what get/ do & they'll share on community about it.

I do hope the new program works well for all. Within few weeks guess we'll know 

Enjoy your Sunday 

Ginger  : )

PS :IT TOTALLY COMPLETELY STINKS NO SWEEPSTAKES THIS IS SAD & CRAZY Smiley Sad

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 20

Hello Ginger,

I haven't been a member of AARP for ten years, so is the Bonus Package also based on how long you've been an AARP member?  I joined a year after R4G started and have taken the quizzes, and performed the other activities as well. 

I overlooked the information about any points members had left at the end of program would get you entries into the Thank You Sweeps 50+ WinnersSmiley Sad(i.e. Points Graveyard).  

Everyone has there on outlook when it comes to R4G program and I've had more problems with it than advantages.

Sure, the information in the R4G magazines is valuable, and learned some interesting things from the quizzes.

I was saving my points to try for something of value, but that didn't happen.  I'm in until time to renew, the New AARP Rewards could make all the difference for me.

With over a million members in the R4G program not a lot of people are winning and if they do, it almost wipes out their points in Auctions to get a $5 card.

I know that the few people who have won numerous times have a very different opinion, and I probably would too.  I admire the members who dedicated endless hours to posting, advising, offering solutions and struggling with the Daily Deals and computer glitches on a daily basis.  I've also done that.

I wanted to know more about what a member would get in the Bonus Package and how it would be structured.  Example:  1 year R4G Member = 1,000 pts.; 2 year R4G Member=3,000 pts. and so on).  At least we would know where everyone started at the beginning of the New AARP Rewards Program.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 20

@mi4090 

Hey Marylin 

I must be dense🤯 🤷‍♀️ cause I'm not getting it way you say

If we all were given an even transfer of our Points earned with R4G to New Rewards Program what would be the difference? Anyone with a million has a million if only have 10,000 only has 10K

So therefore not even that way either

Anyone who spent time on site to earn a Million points would certainly deserve to be given more Bonus than others who only earned few points And also Anyone who has spent hours on R4G Community site helping and reporting things to managers and making suggestions for quizzes and letting know when site having issues That should be more valuable than a "Newbie" who just joined R4G Community Correct? [Kinda like our avatars here] 

That's what the Loyalty Rewards Bonus will be based on time spent on site earning, using, helping,  participating, quizzes, community and etc.

Speaking for myself only: 

I've been active in Community & participated in Sweeps everyday & done 100xs of Daily Deals & Completed Daily Weekly Monthly & Yearly Quizzes Numerous hours devoted to time here.... Yes indeed it benefited me and has been a blessing to me be part & honestly I believe that should be rewarded for everyone whose done those things. 

I truly don't think it would be fair we all get moved to New Rewards Program starting with 0-Zero when they're are some who joined 10 years ago never returned some newly joined therefore basing it on our activity seems fair to me reward ones who've earned a higher bonus than a newbie or someone else whose only been to site once or twice in ten years.... my thoughts

Like said may not be seeing something you are but this is what I've gotten from Teri & Sandy when change was 1st announced Also weeks ago Teri posted any ANY points left at end on 23rd would give each person entries into drawings she mentioned & listed So that way every point we have serves a purpose none wasted

Enlighten💡 me if I've missed understood Thanks

Ginger  ;  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 20

@gm5271 

Ginger, Glad you and family are SAFEHeart  You just said it; that means that not everyone will have the same Bonus package; it based on your involvement. Everyone is losing their hard earned points but not everyone will start off at the same level.  That's no fair at allSmiley Sad  

Nobody knows what someone else's Bonus package will be, nothing has been said about the Bonus package except, you'll receive one.  No more informationSmiley Sad  Someone could have a package starting them out with 1,000 pts versus someone with a package starting at 10,000 pts, if it's even points.  A big mystery!!!

Need to know how many starting points for what level of involvement. More information would be greatly appreciated.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 20

@mi4090 

Marylin

From my understanding they are going to present us all with a Bonus Start bag & will be rewarding folks who've been Active & been around a long time Myself I consider this means they will be rewarding folks Loyalty to R4G program Although I have no idea what or how but do believe this to be a good guidance tool in their making those decisions 

Have a beautiful day 

I'm grateful Hurricane has left NC my heart breaks for Bahamas 

Ginger  :  )

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 20

@andrewtoo 

Hello Andrew,

The new AARP Rewards is starting out with everyone on a different level, how is that fair?  It's a hope and a prayer with points accumulation.  Just have to wait and see.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 20

@PaulZ250361 

It didn't have to happen this way.  AARP could have converted the points to the new AARP Rewards points.

I have no idea how they would have converted the points.  It could have been 100 R4G points = 1 AARP Rewards point, 1,000 to 1, or 10,000 points to 1 point, or even more.  Who knows!  I think I wouldn't have liked it very much either way, but, I hope the Welcome Bonus gives us enough points to buy something quickly.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 20

Hello @PaulZ250361 

Paul, I feel the same way.  It doesn't seem like it would be a problem to transfer points, but now everyone it just about out of points I would guess.  

Unfortunately you wouldn't know that by looking at the "Auctions".  We don't have a guarantee and it seems to be a game of chance with all the struggles of getting points to begin with.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

Rewards for Good a Disappointment

Message 20 of 20

I spent a year building up points thinking it's like money in the bank. But, it turns out to be a risky investment when all the points are taken away. Don't understand why AARP just can't transfer the points to the Rewards program. What's to say this won't happen again if AARP changes the program again. Really disappointingSmiley Sad

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.