Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards - can't use

Message 1 of 8

@andrewtoo 

Whoo who Andrew

Ditto!  Well said 

I stand behind all you said & believe AARP Foundation is well run & uses funds wisely

Also @fs13428951 

Take notice of these 2 programs: 

Tax Aide(FREE Tax Preparation) and Auto Safely program are completely operated by Volunteers which is in the Thousands who make these & other programs available 

As Andrew said Do your research We have & not all I'd say very few are operated the way you describe 

Enjoy your day 

Ginger  ;  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

Hello @fs13428951 ,

That is very interesting because I worked for an organization that had a non-profit also.  The money was in (2) seperate bank accounts and no money was ever used to pay employees' wages or overhead for the foundation at that point it was in the same building.  The company office staff donated our time to the charitable organization to help struggling seniors with food drives for all major holidays and donated to numerous non-profits in my city.

I didn't think it was legalSmiley Sad But their plan was to start construction on a building just for the Charitable organization, and who knows how much will go toward overhead at that point. You learn something new everyday, 85% is huge.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@fs13428951 

You state that you worked for a non-profit.  I too have worked for a non-profit.  There are many different kinds of non-profit organizations.

AARP Foundation is a CHARITY.   How do you run a charity without a staff, fundraising, equipment, other necessary expenses?

And for your information, 81% of AARP Foundation's functional expenses are to provide programs.  All management, general and fundraising costs are covered in the other 19%.  The link to the Foundation's published annual report is found here https://www.aarp.org/content/dam/aarp/aarp_foundation/2019-pdf/AARPFoundation-2018-Annual-Report.pdf...

Educate Yourself!

"AARP Foundation receives funding from multiple sources, including public support,
grants and AARP. Eighty one cents of every dollar the Foundation spends goes to
our important programs and services to improve the quality of life for vulnerable older
adults in your community across the country."  AARP Foundation 2018 Annual Report, pg 22.

@fs13428951 wrote:

If I could be sure all the points would go to seniors but I used to work for a non profit until I found out how they operate.  Whatever was donated the company got 85% and the rest went to non profit.  The 85% was used to pay employees and overhead cost.  So unless I can be guaranteed that 100% go to seniors I won't donate.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

If I could be sure all the points would go to seniors but I used to work for a non profit until I found out how they operate.  Whatever was donated the company got 85% and the rest went to non profit.  The 85% was used to pay employees and overhead cost.  So unless I can be guaranteed that 100% go to seniors I won't donate.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

@CarylV117333 

@ShaneP706760 

Hello,

Points will disappear.  That's exactly what will happen, and so 😢.  We can donate as @gm5271  stated. 

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@CarylV117333 

@ShaneP706760 

Hello there Cary & Shane 

Sorry your having issues finding ways to use your points

FYI if your unaware

You can donate a 1000 points for a $10 donation to AARP Foundation which helps Seniors in many ways 

Link on R4G redeem page 

It's ends quickly & only need hit Add to cart button leave 1 there it'll send you receipt which you can keep since its Tax Deductible even though only using points 

*See screenshot below of donation page 

Have a great holiday weekend 

Ginger  :  ) 

Leave as is Tap Add cart buttonLeave as is Tap Add cart button

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

@CarylV117333 wrote:

I cannot use my points rewards as none of the options available are of interest or use to me. So now what? I just lose all of the usps tracking points that I have accumulated......??

Was facing the same issue but it now its back and ok.

Maybe wait a little.

Regards,
Shane

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

Rewards - can't use

Message 8 of 8

I cannot use my points rewards as none of the options available are of interest or use to me. So now what? I just lose all of the points that I have accumulated......??

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.