Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where is the Enter Promo Code Box?

Message 1 of 9

I received a mailer from AARP to renew for $43 instead of $65 with a promo code, but there is no place on the website to enter the promo code.  I called, and they wanted to pull up my information.  But I don't want to give my information.  I want to renew online with the promo code, and there is no place to put it.  I think this is very shabby on the part of AARP, as it looks like the kind of scam that "old people" like myself are supposed to be wary of.  Just put the promo code box where people can find it.  Should be easy.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@jschafer4wrote:

Dear Epster,

Your reply is not correct - today at least!  I have clicked odn the email, clicked on the Rewards For Good link, searched aarp.org for where the entry box is at today.... and all I xcan find is this question with an answer that is not working normally today!!!  Please put the Promo Code Entry box back on the home page of your website!!!

Thank-you!

Janet Schafer

Hi Janet @jschafer4.

I trust that his issue has been resolved for you today, for a few minutes ago when I opened my copy of the Webletter and scrolled down to the bottom for today's promo code (see photos below) I found that the emailed link worked; the promo code box appeared; and that by entering the promo code I was awarded 150 points.

One thing: I'm not an AARP rep. I do not work for AARP. I have no official or unofficial position with AARP and have zero say regarding what they decide to fix or not on the Rewards for Good site. Alas, I am but a lowly online community poster, same as you, albeit one with a bit more mileage around the site, and occasionally the time with which to answer newbie questions.

I'm sorry you had trouble with the site today.

4_20 Webletter promo code link.pngWebletter R4G promo code , 4/20/18

4_20 r4g promo code.pngWebletter link worked and I typed in the promo code.

4_20 promo code worked.pngThe pop-up notification alerting me to the 150 added points.

My r4g acct shows 150 pt added.pngMy Rewards for Good Account History shows I was awarded the 150 points.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9
Epster,
I agree that this is where we normally see that promo code entry box.... however it is NOT THERE today!
Please go look at someone else's computer so that you can see what we are not seeing!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

Ditto!  I am having the same problem today..... cannot figure out why!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

Dear Epster,

Your reply is not correct - today at least!  I have clicked odn the email, clicked on the Rewards For Good link, searched aarp.org for where the entry box is at today.... and all I xcan find is this question with an answer that is not working normally today!!!  Please put the Promo Code Entry box back on the home page of your website!!!

Thank-you!

Janet Schafer

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@BillC802986wrote:

HELP...I don't find the bar and box that you describe in your post. I don't understand why AARP offers a promo code and then makes it so difficult to redeeming it! UGH!

@BillC802986  Sorry you are having difficulty. Maybe contact customer service with your issue. Here's their contact page: https://rewards.aarp.org/gateway?t=contactus

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

HELP...I don't find the bar and box that you describe in your post. I don't understand why AARP offers a promo code and then makes it so difficult to redeeming it! UGH!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

@a324633mwrote:

I received the reward code in the mail.

Hi, @a324633m and welcome to the online community!

So as I understand it, you received a promo code in surface mail, yes? 

To enter the code, navigate to your Rewards for Good Account. (Log in here, click on the Rewards for Good icon in the red navigation bar across the top of your screen).

You'll see something that looks like this:

Promo Code Entry Box.pngWhere to enter a R4G Promo Code

See that box on the right? Enter your promo code there. Ta da! Smiley Happy

Should you receive a promo code via email, you can click on it and you'll be taken directly to this box.

Best wishes,

Epster

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 9 of 9

I received the reward code in the mail.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors