From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Problem with auctions

Message 1 of 8

I'm having the same problem with auctions not visible, only I've noticed if I have no points to bid, all the auctions are visible and accessible, as soon as I'm outbid and my points increase enough to bid again, the cheaper auctions disappear from the list. All show up in closed auctions though. I have experimented with this for a while and it always works this way, the effect is I'm only allowed to bid on certain auctions. I can only bid on the others if I open the auction in a new browser window while I have no points, and wait for someone to outbid me, then I can place a bid on the "disappearing" auction. It's not convienent to keep several browser windows open all the time.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

I've had phone dealings with them in the past.  After two weeks of phone tag with no luck making contact, I swore "Never again."

This is a website issue with a web request for support.  Having to revert to land-lines to fix the problem is just another symptom of a broken website.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@jaclarke 

You can contact Rewards for Good directly at 1-888-842-2891. They can quickly adjust a point balance if you feel there is an error.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

Call the AARP number which should be on the website in "Contact Us"

Rewards for Good is not administered by AARP but by an outside vendor. AARP will transfer you to Rewards for Good.  I have been successful contacting them with problems. The folks who answer the phone are very nice and will fix the problem.

If anyone has a direct telephone number, posting that would be helpful to the poster I'm replying to.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

I have an issue with my rewards total, after an auction on 5-Aug.  I have been trying since then, to report the issue with the "Contact Us" link on the website, but it fails everytime.

Are we supposed to request help with specific issues like this, in the forums?

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

I posted a thread just like this a couple weeks ago, so has not changed.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

We're still working on the various issues with the Rewards for Good website. But, in the meantime, clear your cache and reload the page. That might solve the issue of updating cards and prices available.

Let us know how it goes.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Problem with auctions

Message 8 of 8

I apologize for the new thread.  I cannot find the one I replied to earlier today.  The OP commented that she and her husband do not see the same auctions available.    I responded that I would see closed auctions that I'd never seen as live auctions.   This was doubly true today.  I know there was a malfunction in the website but there were several closed auctions that were not on my live auction list yesterday.   Some folks seemed to have scored bargains while the site was down for most of us.

P.S.  Just went back and checked.  A $15 Macy's card was auctioned today for a relatively low amount of points.  I was not sure if it was the one I bid on.  It wasn't.  That one is still active and around 55K (or more) points.   I never saw the other one.    A $15 Walmart card also went this morning for a small amount while the active one I see is at its usual high amount bid.   

There is something really wrong here.   As another poster said, the new auction system is NOT an improvement.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors