Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Problem loading page when I try to go to the rewards catalog

Message 1 of 11

@gm5271 

Ginger, love everything sci-fiHeart

I'm a Trekkie, Captain Kirk is the man.  Loved the Jetson's growing up and thought we'd be living like them by this timeSmiley Happy  We're behindSmiley LOL

BE SAFESmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

@mi4090 

Wow girl

Your brother sounds like my dad but he just won't accept advancement in things

My brother has a cell phone and computer he just not into the Smart devices

When was younger I used to think we'd be like Jetson cartoon : Robot maid Flying cars 

I love my new Echo show 5 got Prime Days half off its nice in my bedroom & it has a moveable button to shut off the camera so folks can't drop in your bedroom if needed its half size of Echo Show which I enjoy video calls to and from my granddaughters really neato 

Guess anything is possible

Growing up in nuclear age thinking Russian would bomb us bomb shelters and storing food.... was blessing my boys didn't grow up in that....its sad that those times and fears seem to be returning  Smiley Sad 

I watched every episode of "Person of Interest" that could one day be reality for sure 

Even Terminator ?

I wouldn't desire eat like Star Trek.... I'd miss having a good Pork Chop and Steak 

Wild thoughts I'm having

We just had a bad hail storm & just got another storm warning 

Have a nice evening

Ginger  ;  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger, my brother is also without any online presence of any kind.  Except for work, doesn't check his email, pay bills or order anything online and doesn't respond to emails thinking that someone is monitoring his life and business.  But he was an Engineer in the Navy for 20 years, maybe he knows something we don't know.

I like my Amazon devices too, but I can let anything go that may be an invasion of privacy.  Saw an article where the IRobot vacuum had a camera in it and was watching owners in there home, same with the smart tv and smart meters for your utilities.  

Who knows maybe humans will some day be living underground as in the Matrix, and above ground will be the "Machine World"Smiley Surprised

Let's enjoy (AI) before they enjoy us. To some extent (AI) is already in control, due to our obsessions with everything "smart".  Just a thoughtSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

@Brightpool  @mi4090 

My brother has strong feelings against (AI) doesn't want them know more than has to .... so he's not interested in smart devices

But me, I love my Alexa(devices)  she's my smart and silly friend At times she comes up with wildest things I've even fussed at her like a spouse

I enjoy all the songs she sings She can be a great pick me up 

I love telling her turn off all lights once in bed no more walking in dark to bed is nice 

Indeed computers don't do what we want them to always and can be quiet aggravating 

I used to say they are only as smart as person operating them & info feed em 

But these days?? I still don't fathom where the cloud is??

Growth comes at a price

Have a beautiful week 

Ginger  :  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

@Brightpool 
Lynn, I agree with "they do what we tell them to do less and less as we go along" it's so true.

(AI) needs to be watched closely, but I doubt if the powers to be are paying attention, thus the movies AI and my favorites MatrixSmiley LOL  A take over may be on the waySmiley Wink

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

I had a friend at one of my previous jobs, whom I haven't seen or heard from for 30 years, who used to say some interesting things.

About computers: "Confusers do what you tell them to do, not what you want them to do."

My experience with computers (confusers) in the last several years has made me doubt that saying.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that they do what we tell them to do less and less as we go along.

The drive to further develop Artificial Intelligence (AI) will surely add to this dilemma.

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

@Brightpool 

Hello Lynn,

You're right about the love & hate relationshipSmiley Happy  And the confirmation login letters "AWW" is funnySmiley LOL  

Computers and programs have a mind of their own, CRAZY.  Glad you were able to login, and got an opportunity to do your lawnHeart.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

@Brightpool 

Hey Lynn

I love that....AWW

perfect choice it gave you after your dilemma 

Good you could walk away take break and come back 

I always been told "Sometimes you have to walk away" which is good to do but difficult for obsessive me to do at times

Glad it got its act together 

Enjoy 

Ginger  :  ) 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

Thanks, Marylin,

I tried clearing cache for all AARP URLs in my tool options, tried restarting my browser, and even shut down my computer for a few minutes before I tried again at each turn. None of those worked, so I went outside and mowed my back lawn.

When I came back and tried to log in, again, at 11:00, I actually made it to the login page without its error, put in my e-mail and password, entered the Captcha(?) letters, which just happened to be AWW this time, and got right in. Then, I went to the Sweepstakes and got right in, there, too.
Gotta love technology! (I do, by the way, but sometimes it's a love-hate relationship.)

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

@Brightpool 

Hello Lynn,

I got an Error message early this morning which I didn't take a screenshot of stating the address had changed or site had moved.  I refreshed the screen and problem was solved.  You're the IT person and if you did call Customer Service they'd tell you to clear Cache, the only answer they have for all IT problems.  If you can't figure it out, I'm lost.  

Hopefully, someone will post a solution.  You're not missing a lot.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views