Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: New 1/3/19:200 R4G pts-Survey in "The Daily" Newsletter

Message 1 of 15
Epster I am kind of new to this you have any hidden point i might have missed?
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

@Epster 

Congrats on your raise & promotion Yippie for you! Smiley Wink

Thanks for confirming Info about quizzes 

Have a beautiful day,

Ginger 😍

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@gm5271  I'm so sorry for this tardy reply. I've been pulling extra work shifts for the past nine days. The good news is that yesterday I got a 13% raise (!) and a promotion. Yay me! Smiley Happy 

Anyway, yes! The first of the year, those annual R4G activities do renew. I trust you've been racking up big points all week! 

Earn happy,

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

@Epster

Thanks for your help

Yes 1st place checked was on my blocked lists & removed all that looked anyway possible

In my email history I had emails in 2014 & 2010 so like you I must have resubbed & gotten them but reckon something different done last time since won't restart them. I'm grateful it worked for gmail & i'm ok with that since read on phone or tablet which have both on email app since do get google guide emails I read. 

Luckily i've gotten R4G weekly email on my AOL with no issues so always get 150 points from it. 

I'm excited to discover that with the New Year (I assume) all the quizzes have reset so can take most of them again. I had wondered how they knew when been year so think good to know resets at new year Am I correct in my assumption of this being how works? Thanks for your help and always sharing with me... your a blessing indeed. Smiley Happy

@andrewtoo

Kudos to you for helping others along with AARP with survey info sure it helps with more voicing their thoughts. 

I was having a "scarecrow" moment not recalling I'd already used that code thanks Smiley Happy you both Enjoy your day it's a rainy one here in my area of NC 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

So @gm5271, I wanted to tell you that over the years I've unsubbed and resubbed without issue. FWIW and all.

I wonder if you can get your R4G and AARP emails forwarded from your gmail acct to your AOL acct. That way you wouldn't have to visit the gmail acct to get the bonus codes.

Hope this is helpful. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

@gm5271

I'm sorry for your email troubles...whew! what a mess, huh?

And, yes, I would expect that the promo code for "The Daily" survey would only work once; I just wanted to tell folks that there is still an opportunity to earn the 200 points.

@Epster

You are always so helpful, thanks for taking time to post Man Happy

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

@andrewtoo wrote:

It's back...

...just in case you missed it the first time; Item #2 in the email newsletter "The Daily" offers Rewards for Good points for completing a short survey.  The title of today's (01/03/19) email is "The Daily — Social Security Changes in 2019."

A link to the online "The Daily" is here   Again, just click on the link in Item #2 to bring up the survey.  The promo code appears to be the same as a couple of weeks ago: THEDAILYBONUS

Enjoy!

Thanks for posting this, @andrewtoo! Here's hoping folks who missed this last time are able to earn those points.

Happy New Year!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

@gm5271 wrote:

@andrewtoo

I reckon can only get once even if do survey again cause done twice the code wouldn't work(maybe cause from another email?- that story below)

@Epster

Update about newsletters no help with calling them 3 times nor emailing again about issue... was told to check my email account its AOL so put AARP on whitelist & in contacts & made sure not on blocking list .... nothing did would help.... guess won't be possible to get on my linked email... best I can figure is apparently I unsubscribed 10ish years ago at a busier time in my life and it will not resend me any to my email linked to my account....To test & verify could be issue with email I setup account with my gmail email which don't use personally and subscribed to newsletters started getting that same day it also setup another R4G account that I removed to avoid confusion or issues

So I can now get newsletters information interested in reading through gmail.

Still think customer service should be able to help somehow but I never got anyone who could or would 

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions : )

@gm5271

Thanks for the update. Sorry you have not been able to get your subscription issue fixed.

In all fairness, it appears the issue is with your AOL account and therefore must be fixed on your end. Are you certain you don't have them spam blocked? If they are being filtered out, you'll probably need to remove that first. I'm not certain whitelisting them will work if they are also spam blocked. I don't have AOL, so am unfamiliar with how those account settings work, but if you are like me, you have a couple hundred email addresses set to go directly to trash unopened. (So looking for one email address in that list is, let's say, a wee bit more than annoying) With my email acct, I can view recent history and so can see the last couple of day's worth of incoming emails --including those that have been automatically deleted. I cannot retrieve or open the spam, but I can see spam activity. Can you also do this? Another way to check to see if they are being filtered out is by temporarily settings spam to go into a separate (not trash) folder. That way you can check to see if any AARP/R4G newsletters are being spam blocked.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

@andrewtoo

I reckon can only get once even if do survey again cause done twice the code wouldn't work(maybe cause from another email?- that story below)

@Epster

Update about newsletters no help with calling them 3 times nor emailing again about issue... was told to check my email account its AOL so put AARP on whitelist & in contacts & made sure not on blocking list .... nothing did would help.... guess won't be possible to get on my linked email... best I can figure is apparently I unsubscribed 10ish years ago at a busier time in my life and it will not resend me any to my email linked to my account....To test & verify could be issue with email I setup account with my gmail email which don't use personally and subscribed to newsletters started getting that same day it also setup another R4G account that I removed to avoid confusion or issues

So I can now get newsletters information interested in reading through gmail.

Still think customer service should be able to help somehow but I never got anyone who could or would 

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions : )

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

It's back...

...just in case you missed it the first time; Item #2 in the email newsletter "The Daily" offers Rewards for Good points for completing a short survey.  The title of today's (01/03/19) email is "The Daily — Social Security Changes in 2019."

A link to the online "The Daily" is here   Again, just click on the link in Item #2 to bring up the survey.  The promo code appears to be the same as a couple of weeks ago: THEDAILYBONUS

Enjoy!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views