Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 200 R4G pts...Survey in "The Daily" Newsletter

Message 11 of 15

Hi @gm5271 

Hm, that's interesting. Perhaps something has changed regarding protocol on the CS side.  I think I'd call again and have them walk you through the subscription process. That way you can probably figure out if it's a problem on your side. Also, I'd ask them to give you the promo codes for the last 2 months, since you were supposed to be subscribed to the emails. Failing that, I'd ask that they award the points for the missing promo codes. Smiley Happy

I don't know how this worked out, but know Teri was helping someone else get their email subscriptions working. FWIW.

Nope, no email confirmation, but while signed into your R4G account, you can check to see which emails you are (theoretically, I guess) subscribed to.

If none of this worked, I'd take a screen shot of your email subscriptions page, for that should show that you are indeed subscribed, and email that image to customer service as proof that you have done your part. Smiley Happy

Best wishes,

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

@Epster

Thanks Epster 

I will try call back Was my 1st time calling & had nice guy who said for protection/security reasons they had no access to do it 

Will I get a confirmation email from each newsletter when signed up? On other sites usually do Cause after doing on my PC got no emails today and I think should have gotten "The Daily" if it worked Smiley Sad 

The only one I get is the weekly R4G email but that one not on AARP site list

I will keep trying 

Enjoy & have a beautiful day : )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

Thanks for posting about this, @andrewtoo. I get the newsletter, but missed the survey. (whoops! Smiley Happy)

@gm5271  I'd call the customer service peeps again and get them to investgate why you are unable to get the newsletter subscription protocol to work from your side.  Not all CS reps are created equal, so push (nicely) until you get one that knows his/her stuff. It could be your browser. It could be you need to reboot your computer (though I think you are savvy to this, so maybe not, too). It could be they need to do something on their side. Chances are good that this is not an isolated issue, so if you can get them to investigate the origin of the problem, you are helping others. Best wishes as always. Smiley Happy

Merry Christmas to you both.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

@andrewtoo

Thanks Andrew

Got those points Thanks 

I've tried long time to get the Daily newsletter along with many others with no luck

I'd emailed AARP about it they suggested calling so just did no luck customer service can't sign me up for newsletters was told have to do online which hasn't worked for me...so went to my PC try it hopefully will work ? ¿ ? 

So got long winded... sorry but did you have do anything to make it work for you to start receiving newsletters? Thanks appreciate your help 

I have AARP app which is only way I've been able to get Daily news. 

Merry Christmas 

Ginger Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

New 1/3/19:200 R4G pts-Survey in "The Daily" Newsletter

Message 15 of 15

There is a survey in the AARP "The Daily" newsletter that gives a promo code worth 200 Rewards for Good points after completion.  So be sure to open the email entitled "The Daily — 7 Reasons to Travel on a Budget" and the survey link is item #2 in the newsletter.  It is a short survey, however, I had more input than I expected when I completed it.

The link below may only give the current day of "The Daily," which was received by me on December 18, 2018.  So, it may not pull up the 18th's newsletter after today; I can't be sure.

I have a link to the newsletter, if you have already deleted yours...

My link to "The Daily"

If you can't get the survey to work for you, the promo code showed me was THEDAILYBONUS

Happy Holidays!

AndrewToo
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies