Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Nancy, The Answer To Your Question

Message 1 of 8

@AARPTeri  I just sent a PM with no issues. I blame sunspots. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@AARPTeriwrote:

@Epster  I would love to help dig into this private message issue, can you send me a screen shot of what you are seeing when attempting to send private messages - feel free to bombard me with a few to test.  Thanks!

@AARPTeri  I spoke too soon. Apparently, even though I was earlier able to send myself two test messages, I am not being allowed to send a message to someone else. But this time I did get a screengrab of the error message:

AARP PM Error Message.png

That text is pretty small, sorry. Here's what it says: "You have reached the limit of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

I've sent zero PMs for days. Today, as I said above, I successfully sent 2 test PMs to myself and unsuccessfully tried to send one other PM. This failed PM was addressed to one person. In fact, it was a reply.

Weirdness, to be sure. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@n566192lwrote:

EPSTER,

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!

Well fiddlesticks. I tried to answer your PM, @n566192l and got the same error message as before.

Apparently deleting everything in my PM folders and successfully sending a test message to myself did not, in fact, solve the problem. Hm. So here's this week's answer to your question:  WL18SAVE.

I did see the new Kennedy family quiz, btw. Thanks for thinking of me, though.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

@AARPTeri  Thanks! I ended up deleting everything in my message folders  (new, old, sent) and just did a test message to myself. That went through, so I guess the problem is solved. 

The error message, when I tried to send out a group message a number of days ago, said something like 'Unable to complete request. You've sent too many messages. Please try again later.'  Initially I interpreted that to mean that they were guarding against spamming, and that somehow I'd tripped  spammer protection protocol. But now I'm thinking I just had too many messages in my sent folder. Guessing, though. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

@Epster  I would love to help dig into this private message issue, can you send me a screen shot of what you are seeing when attempting to send private messages - feel free to bombard me with a few to test.  Thanks!

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

:0)  Best wishes!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

EPSTER,

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Nancy, The Answer To Your Question

Message 8 of 8

Hi @n566192l

I'm having to answer you this way because this site refuses to allow me to respond to your PM. It is saying I've reached my limit of PMs, to please try later. (What? I haven't sent a PM in 2 days. And before that I sent 3 in one day ... before that it was maybe a week between sending PMs ... yeah, I'm a real spammer. Smiley Happy)

Anyway, despite system weirdnesses being what they are, here's the answer to your code question: WL18REWARD   Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.