Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Marking Surveys Done - More Gift Cards! & Are auctions any better now? Opinions?

Message 1 of 4

Not one person says it is an improvement! So Sad for AARP Rewards for Good.

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Marking Surveys Done - More Gift Cards! & Are auctions any better now? Opinions?

Message 2 of 4

New auction format is terrible.  The previous auction format was exciting as you saw bids go up from lots of participants, and it really did end up with the highest bid at the last second.  I am pretty confident that now some people are using online auction software during the bidding.  The last few times I have done an auction, I have bid in the last two seconds.  I made my bid an unusual amount from the current last bid (let's say 357 points higher), and each time, a bid came up that was exactly one point higher than the odd bid that I made in the last second.  There is no way that a "live" person could have read my bid, typed in a bid exactly one point higher than my odd bid, and then confirmed it in one second.  Whoever is administering the auction and the newer format really needs to rethink what is happening now.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

I don't think it is working better that's for sure.   The old way was much better--more fun and more people were  participating in the auctions.  Now there is only about 50-100 people approx. bidding when before thousands of bids.  They should go back to the fastest bid per auction whre everyone could have a chance.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Marking Surveys Done - More Gift Cards! & Are auctions any better now? Opinions?

Message 4 of 4

Recently had someone tell/ask me:

1. RfG needs to mark the surveys that I have already done somehow before I click and see the sad ribbon. Tired of clicking on them only to see I already did it.

2. More of a variety of gift cards would also be nice,

3. "Also the auctions now are only good for those that have massive points. The way it was before I at least had a chance to win every item."  How does everyone feel the new auction set up is working now that we are a little more than 1/2 year into it?

Hope to hear from you all!

Tthanks, Karen

Kudos
Views
Replies