From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views
Replies

March 2019 Auctions.....

Message 1 of 1

Hey there....I just want to say...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU... for whomever is responsible for FINALLY exhibiting a worthwhile auction experience for this month! Someone acted on behalf of us who dedicate time to R4G, and probably said:''You know what?...they are right"

I got kinda teary-eyed when I saw some of these auctions that took me back to the 'WOW AUCTION DAYS'..lol. I am elated there are some very worthwhile prizes available for the right amount of points. These prizes look like the SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES I was inquiring about in my last community post. Yayyyhhhhh!!! Those of us who have voiced our concerns may actually begin to see the program overhauled into a much BETTER R4G EXPERIECE. 

I have a suggestion about the quizzes and calculators...would you light up or fade out the titles when we click on one and finish it? Also, numbering everything on the page would make it so much easier for everyone....especially if we have to bring something to your attention.  So, instead of having to write out the entire title, all we have to say or write is the number. Instead of writing out 'DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME' quiz, all we would need is a number to correspond with you if we are having problems about a certain quiz or calculator that is not awarding points...or opening at all for that matter.  The repetitive nature of having to click through the entire page to see if you can earn points begins to wear on someone with severe arthritis or mobility issues with the arms and hands., not to mention the mental anguish. LOL... Once a segment is finished, it should be locked and state that its locked until the administrator announces otherwise. (HAVE MERCY ON US...WE ARE SENIORS...not the 18 year old types)

Alas, there are some people who just don't get it...or do they?  Comrads...please don't give up your time invested points for a $5 gift card. You are still dropping way too many points for this card.

In MY 'PERFECT' world, the auctions should go for 1000 points per dollar value...so, 5000 points for a $5 gift card is the LIMIT that you all should be competing with. Whomever is the first one to enter an auction actually 'sets the tone' for the remainder of it anyway.

That person is in TOTAL control if they harbor enough points and really want to win. 

A $100 gift card should be 100,000 points...this way we all would have the opportunity to win at least 3 auctions out of the year...but if this keeps up you will run out of points and just won't have enough to participate in a auction you may like. Why drive the point value up on an item you know isn't worth it? I don't know...maybe its just me. (Am I making sense to y'all?)

But the thrill of winning a small denomination for massive amounts of points just seems like a waste....unless someone desperately needs it.

We never know what someone is going through, and may truly need that $5 card...  So whatever floats y'alls boats is your choice.  I guess they feel like its free, because you aren't paying out of pocket, so the points mean nothing. But for me...my time is valuable, and in today's world...NOTHING IS FREE.

I would like to thank those few R4G COMRADS who gave me kudos (wait, did I spell that right?) on my thoughts . Thanks for the support..You know who you are, because it's usually the same bunch. Good looking out 'BOOMERS' (I hope this post made sense to y'all)

PEACE... My Motto: ''Believe NONE of what you HEAR, and HALF of what you SEE''

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies