Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Live Auction

Message 1 of 8

@HokiePoq 

Hokie hear you there

Indeed that could be done 

I had to create a 2nd account in order to get AARP Newsletters cause years ago when worked got em but too much must have unsubscribed somehow then last year tried everything to get set on my AOL account to receive them but wouldn't so did gmail it has few joining points reckon I could see different Auctions based on what you say but I've never used it as sign in

In my line of work quite aware thieves up at night figuring ways get us so there most likely is a few amongst the millions of members 

I've never seen anything that'd I feel worth the trouble

Auctions sure been wild I've never had more than 200K usually spent as earned but knowing what it took to earn them I would find hard paying the million points some are for so little crazy times Hope you get something nice 

Wow just realized think been a month since their announcement Boy its going to be a another long month 

Points earning ends tomorrow no telling what be happening then should be a wild ride... glad we all have each other 

Enjoy your evening 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@sandy 

Sandy thanks for your reply

Although your answers don't please me... in real consideration it'd most likely be rare that a couple would sit around doing Daily Deal together but really no clue

Seems addresses would be the correct way to have Daily Deal since we're only supposed to have 1 but what the heck nothing worth getting my feathers ruffled over nor allowing a smile turn upside down

Thanks for your help 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@gm5271   I agree with you.   Some time ago before I started spending down my points, someone posted that she and her husband saw different auctions on their accounts.  An admin confirmed the auction point level thing.  It occured to me that I could open an account using my husband's name and email and thus be able to do all the quizzes again and see the low cost auctions.   As my husband would never do this for himself and spend the time doing it I have, I didn't do it.  It is like one person having two accounts.   It is clear that one person is bidding the two top auctions.   Perhaps it is not illegal but I thought it unethical.  I spent my points down instead.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

@gm5271  I've answered your questions below:

Question:  I know a spouse can get free membership on same account So could have 2 members in same household with 2 emails?? 

Yes, both can have different email addresses enrolled in the program.

Question:  Does Daily Deal limit of 1 a day & Auctions limit of 2 month apply to an email account? Or an address? being shipped to? 

Limits are at the email account level and controls are also in place to make sure folks aren't gaming the system.

Question:  Could spouses in same household get 2 of same Daily Deal? & double Auctions? 

Yes, if they're both lucky enough to grab the deal and/or top action bid.

Thank you.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

@AARPTeri 

Hey Teri curious question based on @HokiePoq reply

I know a spouse can get free membership on same account So could have 2 members in same household with 2 emails?? 

Question:  Does Daily Deal limit of 1 a day & Auctions limit of 3 month apply to an email account? Or an address? being shipped to? 

Could spouses in same household get 2 of same Daily Deal? & double Auctions? 

Being single this hasn't occurred to me b4 but wouldn't seem fair? 

Thanks for your help Look forward to your reply 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

Separate members in the same household?   

Defies logic that this is a coincidence.  Not  just one bid one day but several bids several days.

I check auctions multiple times every day and have never seen this on big items.

@AARPTeri  Thanks for looking into it.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

@fs13428951   I am happy to report that is a coincidence that both are going for the same points.  This usually happens often with the smaller auctions as the system bids the next increment on your behalf once you have submitted your max bid.  We can confirm that the bidders on both are separate members!

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Live Auction

Message 8 of 8

Has anyone besides me noticed the top two prizes on the auction are both going for 1080209 points.  yeah  makes me wonder if it is the same person bidding on both and if they work for the award company. 

Kudos
Views
Replies