Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards

Message 2 of 91

@gm5271 

Ginger, I trust that you've read it, and you're on top of everythingSmiley Happy As I stated before, not that crucial, thanks for all the research.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 91

@mi4090 

You don't have to read 10 pages I attached Quote of Teri post in my reply so you wouldn't have go to beginning to find hers 

Emails usually don't include Quotes so you'd have to read my post email referring to so you can read Quote 

Not necessary read 10 pages but I had click through to end to find I made it simple for you if go about mid way in Quote you'll see it states Launched 

So I am assuming(dangerous) that Sept 23rd or 24th We all will receive our Bonus info Emails since not sending till New Rewards Launch 

Hope this helps 

Ginger :  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 91

@gm5271 

Ginger, you could have just posted where they stated we'd get a 30 notice as you did previously.  I'm not interested in reading (10) pages of postsSmiley LOL

You're the researcher, and have screenshots to back it up.  I can just wait to get an email, whenever it comes.  I believe you, not necessary for me to go through all that.  Not that crucial!Smiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 91

@mi4090 

Hey Marylin

I looked to find Teri's 1st Thread about New Rewards to see if said Launches & indeed it does.... we've had so much info easy to forget some of it & also with just rereading her post Recall we took focus on what "Legacy" & "Tenure" meant

Check out her posts going add here cause its 10 pages down

Ginger  ;  )

@AARPTeri wrote:

Rewards for Good forum users,

I wanted to give you a heads up on some exciting news being announced today. In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards and will have many of the features you’ve wanted for a while.

I am most excited about the revamped earn page! It will allow you to sort earn activities in lots of ways including by point value, how often you can complete an activity, or type (quiz vs. tool, for instance). In addition, you will be able to see the activities that you have already completed and when.

The program will bring you more of what you love – more earning activities overall, other ways than FitBit to track exercise, and the ability to track swimming cycling as well as walking and running! There are more items in the catalog that you can redeem using points only. There will continue to be promo codes and daily ways to win some cool rewards. Instead of being offered at just 3PM, there will be daily deals that you can win throughout the day. Like Rewards for Good, AARP Rewards will be open to everyone, but AARP members will get 50% more points and access to a new selection of member-only catalog items.

Here is more of what to expect:

• Nothing is changing today and you can continue earning as usual for now. The last day to earn Reward for Good points on tools, calculators, and quizzes is July 25 at 11:59 ET.
  • You can redeem your points all summer. The catalog has been stocked in anticipation of the announcement and there will be plenty of options for you to choose from before Rewards for Good ends and AARP Rewards begins. But take note (!), Rewards for Good points do not carry over into the new program and any unused Rewards for Good points will be lost.
  • Legacy Rewards for Good users will get a welcome bonus when AARP Rewards launches. Your participation, feedback, and support of R4G has been amazing. It is AARP’s way of saying thank you. Details on how you claim the Welcome Bonus is coming soon.

Just in case you don’t receive the Rewards for Good emails, here is a link to the Rewards for Good page which inlcudes some frequently asked questions that you may have: https://campaigns.aarp.org/RewardsforGood

Today’s email is the first introduction into AARP Rewards and what’s changing with Rewards for Good, but it won’t be the last. We want to make sure you have all the information you need as we say goodbye to Rewards for Good and hello to AARP Rewards. I will be posting regularly as we get closer to big dates, and you know you can always reach out to me here or via private message with questions or concerns.  

Thank you for being a loyal Rewards for Good participant. We are so excited about what’s to come and hope you are too!

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 91

@gm5271 I couldn't have said it any better and appreciate you bringing additional clarity to the words being used.

Yes, what you've shared in your post is correct.

Thank you.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 91

@sandy 

Sandy Thanks a bunch 

Appreciate your reply & help with @mi4090 & @andrewtoo questions

I feel I may understand what you've said fairly well correct me if wrong thanks

*Everyone who is a member of R4G (not AARP because R4G program ending not AARP) Member: means has a sign in and joined R4G at some point in the program Are called Legacy member because they joined Correct? 

*All R4G Members(see above) who have been active: meaning they've done quizzes earned & used points had interaction with site through Auctions Sweeps Daily Deal & all things available on site - The more active/engagement you have been- signing in everyday & being active earns you more status VS someone who joined R4G but never did anything or did very little - This Activity amount is our Engagement Correct? 

* Our Tenure is How long we've been a member(time we joined R4G) Say someone joined 2014 & another joined 2018 Person joined 2014 has more tenure than one in 2018 - Length of membership with R4G is our Tenure Correct? 

So therefore each person will be rewarded with a package based on these 3 things. .... Say for instance your going to apply Status : person with most of these 3 would be Queen vs person with little would be a Pawn sorta like how AARP gives us distinction of Super Social Butterfly or Newbie based on our activity in the Community  Correct? 

If for instance your giving points:  Person with most of these 3 would say may start with 5000 points vs newer member less time here may start with 1000 points? Correct? 

Sandy Does this kinda sound like the plan based on what info you've been given so far cause its understandable that you all may be in dark about some things or not allowed to share info yet Also with this type of rewarding members I totally get your sending emails Say for instance someone joined years ago never been active Shoot their email may not be valid they'll get email but may never activate it vs Us members who read our emails will do whatever we're required in email to make our New account active and get going 

Thanks for your help 

Look forward to hearing from you & your thoughts if I'm understanding this as well as I can?

Thanks Enjoy your day and thanks for your patience as we all move forward

Ginger  :  ) 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 91

@sandy 

Thanks, but you really didn't answer the question, rather than to post "how active" rather than "your engagement."

---

"Question:  "What does "your engagement" mean, please? 

Answer:  Your engagement means how active you are in the AARP Rewards for Good program."

I don't understand that statement.  What activities do you speak of specifically, please?

---

I thought "tenure" was time in R4G, but, less likely, it could have been time as a member of AARP.

Legacy member seemed straight forward, but, thanks for the explanation.

Thanks!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 91

@sandy 

Hello Sandy,

Thank you posting the answers to questions we all are grateful to know about the upcoming "Welcome Bonus".  

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 91

Hello @mi4090

I’ve answered your questions below:

Question:  "What do you mean by "Legacy member"?"

Answer:  A legacy member is anyone participating/earning points in AARP Rewards for Good program. 

Question:  "What does "your engagement" mean, please? 

Answer:  Your engagement means how active you are in the AARP Rewards for Good program.

Question:  Can you clarify "tenure"? 

Answer:  Tenure is referencing how long you're been part of the Rewards for Good program.

Additional information will be shared as we get closer to the launch of our new AARP Rewards program.

Sandy

Kudos
Views