From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards

Message 21 of 91
I just joined AMAC yesterday!!! The heck with AARP if they're going to treat us this way. Please join me at AMAC!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 91

@dthornton  I in NO WAY fail to respect all the time and effort members with points have left.   I am the one that made a statement about advocacy and I stand by it.   I had 200K points to spend down myelf.   I too have spent hours upon hours on a daily basis earning those and many more before. Others have had way more points than either you or I.

Some months ago there was a discussion here about loyalty programs and how they come and go.  After that I starfted spending down as best I could as one could see a constant downgrade in ways to earn points over the last months.     I also posted how I was able to use those points so that others could get something for their points as well.   

I am not happy either about R4G but realize it is not the purpose of the organization.   I think AARP could have handled the situation a lot better, giving more information about the new program before ditching the old. I don't blame you or anyone for being unhappy about this....but to say I have no respect is just plain false.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 91

Having looked for ways to spend down my 198k points, I noticed that auctions for items valued at much less than the bid points were going for a million points or more, which means there are others who are losing over five times my earned points. Dirty!

Those who say they're in AARP for the lobbying and educational benefits fail to respect those whose expectations were raised at being able to use their points toward items offered by AARP. As far as I know, no one forced AARP to offer them, and as far as I know, no one is forcing them to cancel them.

To me, it represents a failure of trust.

I can only guess that AARP is having financial challenges that necessitate writing off liabilities like Rewards for Good.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 91

Hello @rg25177672 

RG I would like to carry my hard earned points over since we will still be using and earning points in AARP Rewards.  A point is a point, old or newSmiley LOL  It isn't right, "double talk" and everyone will not start out on the same level with the new program.  A lot of reasons to look at AARP twice before renewing.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 91

The following answer is double talk without giving an answer. I will not participate in any new progrm and may not renew AARP membership.What is the point in accumulating points only to have then removed on a whim,"NEW PROGRAM": by AARP? :  

Why don’t my Rewards for Good points carry over to AARP Rewards?

We are updating the program which will include a new point earning and redeeming structure. This means Rewards for Good points will not carry over. You will be able to continue to earn points for completing activities in AARP Rewards, but there will be less focus on points and more focus on activities.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 91

@t154747s 

You are right.   Rewards for Good was a bonus.   The reason I belong is to be part of advocacy for seniors.   Many depend on Social Security and Medicare to exist and AARP is there to defend them when some wish to eliminate "entitlements".  

Points are nothing compared to these earned benefits although we have worked hours and hours over the years to earn them.and I understand the frustration here.   

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 91

Well, I have nearly 300,000 points and if these points are 1 cent each then someone owes me $3,000. Its not just the points, it was the time spent answering those questions and saving for the holidays - working at it. Then someone comes along and takes your hard work and trashes it. I have a bit more respect for my time than saying nothing to them. The other person said it right - points should easily convert unless they needed to remove a liability on their books.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 91

That's apparently mega plural on the guys there my friend and well deserved too.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 91

I hate losing the points as much as anyone, but are guys really going to quite AARP over it? That seems drastic for some pretty worthless points.  For me the beneft of AARP is more the discounts (more than pays for the card just eating at Denny's) and other benefits.  I think the points are fun, but not the main reason I use AARP.

I also enjoy the newsletter, magazine, and email updates.  

That said, I don't know why the couldn't come up with some equivalent exchange.  It wouldn't have to be one for one and it would be a nice gesture.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 91

Precisely. And that is why we joined AMAC already and will move forward with them.

Kudos
Views