AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards

Message 31 of 91

The argument that point restructuring necessitates forfeiture is so much BS.

Points are valued at a penny today just translate them into a penny in the new system.

What this is really about is eliminating a liability on the books at the expense of members, which obviously shows very little respect for the latter.

AMAC

AMAC

AMAC

AMAC

AMAC

AMAC

AMAC

AMAC

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 91

BINGO! Could not have said that better myself. My guess is they'll only see the truth when the revenue crashes after renewals dont happen. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 91

The deafness of AARP to the noise about this program change is amazing, and something for which the organization would chastise our government officials if they likewise ignored AARP's positions on retiree issues.  It is sad to learn how much of my time I wasted on the website accumulating points over the past few years.  The prior program change that allowed pre-set max bid amounts guaranteed that auction "prices" would explode, forcing participants to help AARP shed its points obligations quckly.  Well, it looks like they found an even more efficient way to accomplish that objective; just arbitrarily cancel everyone's points altogether.  I won't be playing the new game.  Fool me once...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 91

@AARPTeri   Thanks, I appreciate the reply.  The low price guarantee is nice but why go through the hassle of trying to get it when one can just purchase the item elsewhere?  

Also a suggestion:  It would be great to see some Walmart and Amazon gift cards added to the Rewards Catalog.  Even at 10% off, it would have some value.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 91

@k380494p   

The Rewards for Good catalog offers Guaranteed Lowest Prices. We know that prices online fluctuate often, that’s why we check against all the major retailers and travel sites like Amazon, Travelocity, Target and more. If you purchase an item in the catalog and ever find a lower qualifying price online, we will give you back your points and refund the difference.

Find out more: https://rewards.aarp.org/#/lowpriceguarantee

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 91

@AARPBriana @AARPTeri 

I too am standing with 

Andrew @andrewtoo & others 

Where are the deals you've mentioned that would be stocked into merchandise catalog ? I've checked several times and see nothing different than before

Who? Not I want to/can spend $1000's to use our hard earned time spent points

Hope is fading.....

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 91

I have been looking through the Merchandise Catalog over the past couple of weeks.  I do not see any great bargains.  In fact, several items I looked at cost more after points than I can purchase elsewhere on the web.  For example, 1 year (54 issues) of People Magazine is listed for $98.66 ater 2500 points.  It can be purchased directly from their website for $89.10.  \

Another example:  The Callaway Clubhouse Backpack is listed for $57.99 after 2200 points.  I found it on another website the other day as 'clearance' for $39.99.

These are just two examples I found quickly.  I have seen other merchandise priced the same way.

The 10% of of giftcards is ok in some cases....But....if you try to use one at Kohl's you cannot get the 15/20/30% off you can get with your Kohl's credit card.  In fact, if you have a $5 gift card and use it towards a $60 purchase you cannot get any discount you can get with your credit card.

I have over 900k points and would have to spend over $81,000 to use them to buy gift cards.

Just had to vent

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 91

@AARPBriana   You are not the first admin to say there are/will be new items in the catalog.  Just what new items are you referring to?   The last admin that posted listed all the same options that have been available since day one of the program.   I fortunately do not have so many points left but would be interested in seeing any new options.  

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 91

@ridgeviewfarm I understand how frustrating change can be. We are updating the program which will include a new point earning and redeeming structure which is why we cannot allow points to be transferred over. The catalog is full of tons of new prizes and rewards so you have plenty of options to spend your points before the program ends. We also have larger sweepstakes and more point only daily deals. I hope you'll reconsider your membership and give the new program a chance!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 91

I wont renew either. Already subscribed to a competitor...  Done with AARP.

Kudos
Views