Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards

Message 41 of 91

This smells very fishy, as in it stinks!  I have spent hundreds of hours over the past year accumulating over 400,000 points.  I have been saving my points, looking forward to using them for something substantial.  Now, I'll be lucky if I get a $5 gift card.  And, I shouldn't have to spend money, i.e., spend $90 along with 1,000 points to get a $100 gift card.  At that rate, I'd have to spend over $4,000 to use my points! 

There is no reason why all of our points can't be transferred to the new program.  All you have to do is determine how many points from the old program equal the same dollar value in the new program.  Rewards for Good is the only reason I have remained an AARP member.  Being cheated out of a lot of money I have worked long and hard to earn, there is little likelihood that I will renew my membership.

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 91

Hello @AARPTeri ,

I think @mi4090 and now I am asking when the points only deals as stated below will begin, "There are more items in the catalog that you can redeem using points only."

Also, I have not seen how  "The catalog has been stocked in anticipation of the announcement and there will be plenty of options for you to choose from before Rewards for Good ends and AARP Rewards begins."

Ok, Daily Deal gift cards are points only and only $5...not much difference than before.

So, when will we start to see the points only items?

Thanks so much,

Andrew

@AARPTeri wrote:

Rewards for Good forum users,

I wanted to give you a heads up on some exciting news being announced today. In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards and will have many of the features you’ve wanted for a while.

I am most excited about the revamped earn page! It will allow you to sort earn activities in lots of ways including by point value, how often you can complete an activity, or type (quiz vs. tool, for instance). In addition, you will be able to see the activities that you have already completed and when.

The program will bring you more of what you love – more earning activities overall, other ways than FitBit to track exercise, and the ability to track swimming cycling as well as walking and running! There are more items in the catalog that you can redeem using points only. There will continue to be promo codes and daily ways to win some cool rewards. Instead of being offered at just 3PM, there will be daily deals that you can win throughout the day. Like Rewards for Good, AARP Rewards will be open to everyone, but AARP members will get 50% more points and access to a new selection of member-only catalog items.

Here is more of what to expect:

• Nothing is changing today and you can continue earning as usual for now. The last day to earn Reward for Good points on tools, calculators, and quizzes is July 25 at 11:59 ET.
  • You can redeem your points all summer. The catalog has been stocked in anticipation of the announcement and there will be plenty of options for you to choose from before Rewards for Good ends and AARP Rewards begins. But take note (!), Rewards for Good points do not carry over into the new program and any unused Rewards for Good points will be lost.
  • Legacy Rewards for Good users will get a welcome bonus when AARP Rewards launches. Your participation, feedback, and support of R4G has been amazing. It is AARP’s way of saying thank you. Details on how you claim the Welcome Bonus is coming soon.

Just in case you don’t receive the Rewards for Good emails, here is a link to the Rewards for Good page which inlcudes some frequently asked questions that you may have: https://campaigns.aarp.org/RewardsforGood

Today’s email is the first introduction into AARP Rewards and what’s changing with Rewards for Good, but it won’t be the last. We want to make sure you have all the information you need as we say goodbye to Rewards for Good and hello to AARP Rewards. I will be posting regularly as we get closer to big dates, and you know you can always reach out to me here or via private message with questions or concerns.  

Thank you for being a loyal Rewards for Good participant. We are so excited about what’s to come and hope you are too!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 91

The daily deals with points only has already started,  all daily deal gift cards will be points only. 

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 91

@sandy @AARPTeri @JoyceK12 @AARPCaroline 

Hello Valued Managers,

I would like to know when the Points Only deals for everything will start?

Also, how much in advance notification will we get on last day to use or lose points?

Can we get some help and answers?  Thank you all for being so helpful.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 91

Exactly! We already joined AMAC to check it out. When AARP expires, we probably wont renew it. Too much fuss over these rewards points. Its not the first fiasco with it...

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 91

Hello @HokiePoq, The areas mentioned in my post below are for the current program. 

Please know that we will be letting folks know about the new things being added for redemption from now until September.  Those postings will be placed in this forums so be sure to check back regularly.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 91

@sandy   I am thinking @FordMan2  has already thought of the thngs you've listed which have been around for a long tme and not such a good value.   Odds are poor in sweepstakes even without everyone dumping their points; gift cards are discounted more at warehouse clubs;  and local deals are often not known to the merchants you take them to to redeem.   Options that requre significant cash to take advantage of points are not good choices.

Or perhaps you are speaking of the new things that were to be added for the redemption period?  If so please let us know what new options have been added.   That would be most appreciated.   

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 91

@FordMan2 We have more ways to redeem outside of Auctions. 

Are you entering the Sweeps?  Are you checking out your Local Deals?  Have you browsed our Merchandise?  Have you seen all the Gift Cards available at a discount? If you're planning to travel, check out the Travel area of Rewards for Good too.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 91

You can't convert the old points to the new points in value?? Please. We're getting the shaft because now everybody is dumping their points, consequently, everything has tripled in cost, points wise. This is REALLY unfair to all of us in this old program as we can't get nearly what we could get before you announced this new program. 

If you continue to implement this new program, there's no reason for me to stay with AARP if you're going to treat us like this.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 91

@VoyagerVicki 

Thanks for posting that information.  That is definitely good to know.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Kudos
Views