AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards

Message 51 of 91

Hi @mi4090 

Yes, we will have a community forum for AARP Rewards just like we do for Rewards for Good for any help, questions, notices, etc.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 91

@AARPTeri @sandy @AARPLynne 

Good Morning Community Managers,

I forgot to ask if there will be a Community Forum for AARP Rewards?

Thanks for letting me know in advance.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 91

@AARPTeri @sandy @AARPLynne 

Thanks for responding, but if the New AARP Rewards uses points; why can't we carry are points over that we've struggled so hard for?  Points are Points, old or new!!

Will Deluxe Rewards be in control of the New AARP Rewards program?

Thank you for you answers.

Have a Blessed Day.

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 91

@k380494p I'm gathering that information and will share as soon as I have it all together.  Thank you for your patience.

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 91

@WhoNeedsToKnow wrote:

Thank you but let those who need to know, a joining bonus of anything less than all of the points that I worked hard to collect will be too little... 

I wont be participating at all. I suspect I wont be alone either. If I had to guess, many of us will be joining other associations instead.

But thank you, for your reply. Smiley Happy

@WhoNeedsToKnow, we hear you. There’s plenty of time to decide whether you’d like to participate. We’d love to have you join in the new program.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 91

Hello, @RussellP197074, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and sharing your interest. In the new program, we will have tracking capabilities via email. Thanks for your participation!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 91

@sandy  Can you please tell us when items will be added to the Rewards Catalog?  Thanks

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 91

@venitaw729474 In the new AARP Rewards, there will be less focus on points and more emphasis on activities in the program.  When I stated that you wouldn't be using your points the same way, this is why.  The change in structure and how points can be used for redemption is why points will not carry over.

We understand your concerns around redeeming your points by September, which is why we are beefing up the catalog with more ways to redeem using points only. There are exciting sweepstakes scheduled with larger prizes and more opportunities for participants to win. Point's only Daily Deals quantities are also increasing. Watch out for special posts in this forum with tips on how to maximize using points including exclusive announcements that will be heard here first.

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 91

@sandy wrote: "Your hard earned points don't carry over because you don't need your points in the same way with the new AARP Rewards. Today you have to have points to make a purchase. In the new you will be able to use points or cash. It's for this reason that points will not carry over."

@sandy, AARP's reasoning as stated by you above makes no sense to me. I find AARP's failure to convert old points to new points unfair and unreasonable. It feels more like AARP has found itself with a large unfunded obligation for the points in all the accounts and is choosing to absolve itself of that obligation by zeroing out the accounts. Sure, members are being encouraged to use the old points by the end of Summer, but you are asking retired people, many on fixed incomes, to find the cash needed to use their points for catalog items within two months. If would be more fair and reasonable for AARP to carryforward at least a portion of each members' hard-earned points. The approach that AARP is taking will likely alienate many of its Rewards members. 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 91

Hello, @J896552, good morning! You can continue earning as usual for now and redeem your points all summer. You may want to browse the Rewards Catalog for new rewards and prizes. It's not until the new program that you will have the option to use points only. Thanks for contributing to the discussion!

Kudos
Views