Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards

Message 71 of 91

I am not seeing deals to use my points...Also, I want points only deals.  The period of time to use my points seems rather short.

Where are the deals?  This is a sad transition...

"Will I be able to use my points for items in the rewards catalog?

Yes. We encourage you to visit the Rewards Catalog to use your points before the program ends later this summer. We're stocked up the Rewards for Good catalog with hundreds of new rewards and prizes. So you have plenty to choose from before the program ends."

Not impressed,

AndrewToo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 91

@t154747s Points don't carry over because you don't need your points in the same way with the new AARP Rewards. Today you have to have points to make a purchase. In the new you will be able to use points or cash. It's for this reason that points will not carry over.

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 91

@WhoNeedsToKnow , we hear you.  Also know that Legacy Rewards for Good users will get a welcome bonus when AARP Rewards launches. This will allow you to hit the ground running. It is AARP’s way of saying thank you. Details on how you claim the Welcome Bonus will be coming soon.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 91

Why couldn't the points convert? I've seen other points based loyalty programs do that where there was some sort of conversion factor and you didn't lose your points, you just got a different kind of equavilent in the new scheme.

Tom

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 91

@k380494p We hear you and appreciate the time and discipline you're spent collecting points. What's the good auction you were hoping to get into?

Your hard earned points don't carry over because you don't need your points in the same way with the new AARP Rewards. Today you have to have points to make a purchase. In the new you will be able to use points or cash. It's for this reason that points will not carry over.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 91

@HokiePoq, Thank you so much for sharing and for redeeming points for the things you could manage to get along the way.  What you’re describing about auctions is what we see too and why changes are coming with the new AARP Rewards.  I also assure you that the new program is more than just sweeps. 

I hope this helps alleviate your concerns.

Sandy

AARP Online Community

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 91

@kennethm259253  thanks for all the time you spent gathering points.  Clearly you were gathering them for something, what was it?  What were you hoping for?

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 91
What a joke that is. Collecting points to use during the holidays and bam, they're gonna take it all away. I should invoice AARP for all of the lost time. Will NOT be participating in any further points program since they can (and shown they will) take it away any time they wish.

BAD DECISION AARP. Whomever decided to not carry over the points we EARNED should be fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 91

Hello @ks18192309.  What big prize were you saving up for?  Based on your answer, I'm happy to make some recommendations on ways to spend down your points. 

Remember, you can continue to bid on Auctions until September. 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 91

And well over a million points for the $1,000 gift cards. That's only just more than 10 times face vallue. What a bargain!
I can't touch it!

Kudos
Views