AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards

Message 81 of 91

Like so many others, I have been accumulating points and spending a few here and there for things I really wanted. That's why I have over 800,000 points to use on auctions that only went higher after the change, as another mentioned. I have also been putting in for the Sweepstakes of interest and have won none for all my hundreds or thousands of points spent on those points raffles.
As with any other change, I look forward to this change to the AARP Rewards system with uncertainty, regardless of the descriptions we are getting about it.
Some parts of the Rewards for Good system have been okay. If I ignore the time I spent accumulating points at my contract rate of $XX per hour, or even at minimum wage, and consider my time to be free, I came out ahead with just the discounts on gift cards and the occasional win on the Daily Deal. The other AARP perks of discounts in restaurants, stores, and travel have added value to that over the years. My membership in AARP has already more than paid for itself over the last 10 years, and I plan to continue for life.
As for my participation in the new AARP Rewards, I'll have to see how that turns out. If I like it, I'll be an active participant. If I don't like it, you might not have to put up with me so much.
I wish you all a healthy and happy time on here and elsewhere. I hope we'll all be able to get some value out of the time we have left on Rewards for Good and that we'll move on without many regrets. May AARP Rewards be that much better for all of us.
Good luck, and I'll see you all on the flip side.
Enjoy!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 91

Now over 155,000 points for a $5 Amazon gift card auction.  The panic begins.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 91

I agree. I've been saving up points for a long time.  This just smells like they've cooked up a way to take away everyone's points or get them to spend them quickly on stuff they don't really need.  Almost everything you purchase with points comes with some other cost too so it seems like a way to force people to lose their points or pay a  bunch to use them.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 91

AARP should send us a check for all our accumulated points.  A penny each, maybe?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 91

What a joke.  Just looked at the auctions and a $5 Amazon gift card is at 100,000 points.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 91

I am very frustrated and unhappy.  I have been saving my points for YEARS and have been hoping to get in on a good auction.  Now, all that discipline seems to be for naught.  ARGGGHHHHH!

I DO NOT KNOW WHY OUR HARD EARNED POINTS CANNOT CARRY OVER.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 91

You can continue earning points with our tools, calculators, quizzes and more through July 25, 2019.  We want to provide you with enough time to be able to redeem the points you’ve earned. Please visit: https://aarp.info/2X7QyBe for more information. Thank you!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 91

I imagine you are right about the sweepstakes entries @ks18192309!   And if I thought 50000 for a $5 card was bad, it will be way worse than that in the coming months.  Bidding amounts never went down as forecast by AARP after the auction changes a couple of years ago.   I am glad I have no more than what I have and have been spending as something came along I could manage to get.  I'd noticed the auctions had become less valuable recently and was worried something was going to change.  I just hope it isn't like Coke Rewards when you never get anything but sweepstakes entries you never win.  (I did get a $2 Target egiftcard which wouldn't load due to an error on their end...so nothing, lol)

The big losers in this are the folks who have a million points.  It will be dog eat dog on the big auction underway.  I'll get some popcorn to watch as I was outbid really quickly this month.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 91

We are losing all of our points that we have worked so hard for, WOW!!!!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 91

Boy are you going to get alot of sweepstakes entries through August, with the points not carrying forward!  Just when I was finally going to get close to getting a big prize at an auction, the rules change.  Just my luck.  I look forward to seeing the improvements and if they are beneficial to the AARP members who like the site.

Kudos
Views