Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I'm having an R4G Auction puzzlement moment - can anyone explain?

Message 1 of 5

Thank you for your honest reply.  I don't have millions of points but apparently I have too many to pay a fair amount for an auction item.   Before the switch to the current system, I would bid and occasionally win the quick auctions (never the long term high value ones) where the points bid were commensurate to the value of the item.  The new system rewards those who know how to use bots (as evidenced by the robot step in some items) and now, those with few points.

Not much point, pardon the pun, for those of us who have an intermediate amount and have spent hours and hours and hours to accumulate them to bid anymore.  Or maybe it's time for DH who is a member to join RWG.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@ab1695  Some auctions are available to all members, while other Auctions are available to members within a certain Points balance. We do this to provide more members the opportunity to participate in Auctions. You will only see Auctions you are eligible for on the Current Auctions page. If you see an Auction you are interested in, be sure to add it to "My Auctions." This will ensure it is available to you even if your Points balance changes.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Sorry to have replied the second time on a different thread.   You have brought a problem to light that I hope will soon be addressed by admin.  It is a real mystery where these extra auctions are coming from and how it is decided that only some will get access to them.   Your post was very helpful.  It will be interesting to see if other phantom auctions happen during this latest glitch as it did with the morning one.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Thanks for posting this.   I check the site pretty frequently,  hoping against hope to find a reasonably priced auction.   I generally don't of course....but when I look at the closed auctions there are closed auctions that never appeared on my screen.

I understand there are short termed ones one afternoon a week....not those.  I don't have screen shots or anything and thought my mind was playing tricks on me.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

I'm having an R4G Auction puzzlement moment - can anyone explain?

Message 5 of 5

To: Any and all, including @AARPTeri  and/or any of the others in the AARP Online Community Team:

I noticed something when the new R4G Rewards Catalog was launched -- OK I noticed more than one thing, but this one has puzzled me from the get go.

I should explain that my husband and I each have R4G accounts, which I'm told is totally kosher. But I've noticed that the auctions that show up when he is signed in are different from those on my login.

They're not ALL different, just some, which is really irritating when I want my handsome husband to bid on something that shows up on my login when I don't have enough points to bid on it. He logs in and checks the auctions, but - egad! - the auction isn't there. And he has one instead for something else.  I do have screen shots to prove this, but they're a bit cumbersome to upload on this forum. I'd be happy to email them ...

Any way someone can explain? Corroborate? Send me a referral to a shrink?

Thanks!

Kudos
Views
Replies