Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: How is it possible for three major Auctions to have the same points bid for each?

Message 1 of 6
Yep I think so to. Someone inside is getting the bigger prizes. The people that has spent hours accumulating points gets the five dollar cards for thousands of points. I don't plan on doing the next rewards. It will still be on the aarp site as this one is. So what will be different? Same people getting rewards. Used to be good auctions but I never won one. Even in the live bids someone always won. One time even it popped up and told me I had highest bid but in a couple minutes it turned out I wasn't. Happened a couple times. I always thought it was rigged.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How is it possible for three major Auctions to have the same points bid for each?

Message 2 of 6

@Brightpool 

OK Lynn, our IT member is on the jobSmiley Happy

Thanks for the explanation, I was thinking the same thing as @andrewtoo .

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

@Brightpool 

Awesome job Lynn 👍

Great explanation 

It'll be interesting as the month comes to a close to see how turns out & what they end up paying for each

I was just checking the bids haven't moved since early on so as you say they may luck up getting with less points

Its interesting indeed

Thanks

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@Brightpool 

Thanks so much for that detailed explanation.  I genuinely thought that the large Auctions were showing erroneous numbers.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

This is my take on that:

All three auctions were bid higher than 1,105,750 points. Let's say three different players each entered their highest bid over that with 1,110,000, 1,115,000, and 1,120,000, respectively, just to show that those are not equal, but certainly higher than the fourth player's attempts to win one of those prizes.

Number four came along and tried the first one with the highest bid he could or would try, which was 1,105,750 points. The first item already had a higher potential bid placed on it, so his bid was rejected, his points were restored to his account, and the item showed the new winning bid 1 point higher than his attempt, or 1,105,751.

Number four went to the next auction, in turn, and tried again with the same bid amount. His bid was rejected and outbid by 1 poiint to 1,105,751, just like the first attempt. The third attempt with his restored points did the same.

Even though the three highest bidders entered unequal amounts, the highest bid placed was still 1,105,751 on all three auction items, because each auction had to beat his bid by only 1 point. The fourth guy, who has his restored losing bid in his account by not winning a bid, set the bar.

Numbers one, two, and three might win each auction for much less than they had bid, certainly if number four is their only competition in the auction and can't or won't go any higher with his bids.

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

How is it possible for three major Auctions to have the same points bid for each?

Message 6 of 6

When looking at Auctions on August 9th, three major Auctions have the same bid of 1,105,751.  The Auctions are Soar Away For Summer, Amazing Amazon Audio, and Mix It Up with Cuisinart.  These three Auctions end on August 31.  The same number bid for each Auction of over one million points?  Very strange or is something funny going on?

Kudos
Views
Replies