From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: High Bids in Auctions

Message 11 of 39

Don't give up on Coke Rewards!  I got a $2 coupon for CVS and a $2 Dunkin Donut coupon.  We were getting free popcorn, movie tickets and drink last year.  You have to keep checking the site as they don't offer the good stuff all the time.  Right now they have a $15 offer for the first 25,000 for an online store.

Karen

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 39

@HokiePoq 

Indeed reaches out to younger crowd Although I am the 60 years old addict to Coca-cola my children don't drink way I do but I love it... no coffee or tea for me but then they love those energy drinks not my thing either. 

I had a ton of codes keeping every can box flap now all gone and I put my lids back on all my 2 liters for recycling I have actually purchased a few items one being a purse I love made out of plastic bottles. 

Oh well, like life full of constant changes like you I'm grateful for the time earning great items and coupons for free drinks. 

I too used to clip coupons don't cook way used to nor buy groceries way did when had a house full of folks...

Thanks for allowing me share the memories was nice recalling it 

Good luck on auctions I've peeked at those but don't do just do Sweeps and Daily Deals

Ginger : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 39

@gm5271   We sure do!  Maybe it's the frugal part of us that can't stand to waste anything.  I was a bigtime coupon clipper in my day although that has gotten harder to do in recent years as well.   I didn't start at the beginning of Coke Rewards so I missed out on some of the best stuff but was happy with what I did get.   The sweeps they have mostly appeal to a younger demographic.  I cleaned out a drawer and found a bunch of codes I'd forgotten so am using those that I already went to the trouble of saving.  I don't save them anymore either.  Just not worth it.      

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 39

@HokiePoq 

Hi Hokie 

Blows me away way have things in common with folks in this community.... I've been a Coke Rewards member since it began.... every day and then week entered codes from everything... by way I'm a Coca-Cola lover born in South Mississippi now been amongst a state of Pepsi lovers in NC 30 years... anyway 

I got lots of great Coke items and special Christmas ornaments and such loved it Few years ago they changed and not for me like you stated not worth effort entering codes using magnifying glass to see codes on water cartons & a light on caps ... about month ago I went online entered contests with a ton of caps & carton codes I'd been storing up mostly out of habit then said to self I'm done no longer keeping codes like always did I bet since the change I have been on site 5 times.. really made me sad couldn't earn things way we did... Anyway wanted to share this... in my family I was only one I knew that did it all those years but still own some really great things I cherish. 

Enjoy your day & Have a Coke & a Smile : ) ,

Ginger 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 39

I have started to just use them for auctions I can use. If you think they should be worth a penny a piece your fooling yourself, or you are buying 10% off coupons with them. Pick up 100,000 points each year just going on once a week, doing yearly and monthly when convenient. I figure the two 10 dollar cards pay a membership.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 39

Thanks for the info.  I was afraid of that.  Same goes for RCCL stock.  Carnival stock gets you a nice benefit in addition to any other perks but RCCL is not worth buying for the stockholder benefit as you can't use it with any other promotion.   

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 39

The Carnival Cards are only good for Carnival.  They have RCI cards, too, but most reports I have read say that RCI makes it very difficult to use them, compared to carnival.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 39

@RussellP197074 

I understand your frustration.   I have spent my points over the years but still have a good many....never enough to win one of the big prizes, never did.    I don't see any point in stashing them.  One never knows when a promotion will end.  For example I used to enter the Coke Rewards points religiously.  I got free products, coupons, and a few goodies like a Coke cookie jar.   Now it's nothing but sweepstakes.  Hardly worth getting out the magnifying glass and flashlight to enter codes anymore.    There has been discussion on these boards about different auctions for varying point levels.   I suggest spending your points way down and getting eligible for the good stuff going in the restricted auctions.  I am in the process of doing that but just can't bid 50,000 points for a $5 gift card or some of the other ridiculous values things go for in the auctions I can see. I work too hard to get that 225 per day.  Back when they had the surprise quick auctions I used to get things just by persistance.  With the new bidding system that is gone.

A question for you:   Is is just Carnival Cruise line or any of the Carnival lines where you can use the gift card?   We sail on Holland America but not Carnival so I wonder about that.  Can you use the gift card along with other promotions that they have like free perks or onboard credit?

As to spending points and paying for other gift cards, I find most of them already discounted in the warehouse clubs.   Not everyone has access to that but it is a benefit of membership to Costco, Sam's, BJ's and sometimes BJs discounts them further.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 39

@Brightpool 

Hello Brightpool

DITTO! DITTO! 

I totally agree with you shouldn't ever be any time limit on our hard earned points

I in no way have 800K ....but my point balance has grown doing same as you mentioned I come to site most every day earn my 150 Daily points & enter Sweepstakes that put me in hole but I've won 2 small ones $5 & $10 plus I love trying and at times getting a neato Daily Deal ....but as you pointed out its a time consuming effort  over many years to have alot of points its an investment which we earn and should be allowed to do as desire... to add to your example Another posted a thread "Tons of Points" Today I read and did what they suggested I spent 4+ hours going through lists of old quizzes till I had earned my Daily limit of 5000 points... that was time I chose to invest in earning those points. 

R4G limits earnings to 5000 daily I can't swear ....but from my experience there are not enough quizzes available to earn 5000 points each day but as the other poster discovered & shared at times we can find some extras but 5000 X 365 days = 1,825,000 points could get in year but as said not possible to earn that many For those of us committing to earning points and hanging on to them shouldn't be punished for our choices that any newbie such as I was not so long ago are free to invest time & commit to earning points same as longtime members "Do the work Earn the Reward" entirely each members choice.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts 

Happy Earning & Good luck on Deals and Sweeps,

Ginger  ; ) 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 39

Russell,

Despite the fact that we both have the same base desire with auctions - to have a reasonable playing field - we will have to agree to disagree on how to solve it.

Were you around when the Reward for Good auctions were just timed and an interested participant had to be active on line to increase a bid? Just as with eBay and other such places at the time, we had a lot of last-minute sniping. I admit that I did my share of sniping in various auctions on a few different Web sites to win something I wanted.
I'm sure that many people hated and complained about having to return to RFG for that last 5 seconds on an auction that took up to several days before the clock ran out to try to get that one last bid in. RFG promoters decided that the "what you are ultimately willing to pay" system would work better. Now, we put in our highest bid and RFG will take over the bidding process so we'll beat anybody who doesn't place a higher bid. Along the way, we are free to go back and increase that bid.

In the old system, I did win once in a while. In the new system, I have won only one auction because I have been unwilling to pay more of my hard-earned points than an item was worth to me.

I don't know what system of on-line auction would truly be the most fair for all participants, whether veterans of the game or newbies, but I cannot agree that limiting a millionaire's buying power, whether it be dollars or points, will help my meager middle-class position all that much, nor would I want to give up the exchange (buying) power of any points I have earned, no matter when I earned them.

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views