Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Donating points to AARP Foundation

Message 1 of 13

Hi Everyone

This is different thread but I posted screenshot of donation link there and I'll post here also (see below) 

I was thinking they had combined all the donation threads?¿?

Thanks to All for your donation and support of Seniors You are indeed a blessing! 

Ginger  :  ) 

Screenshot_20190801-091149_Samsung Internet.jpgDonation link on R4G Rewards page

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

@andrewtoo 

Hello Andrew,

That is so weird, they both worked this morning on my cell phone.  You stated that the banner is posted on the Earn Page and members can use that to donateSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

@mi4090 

I created my links by updating the dates, so I didn't use someone else's.  I've been updating that link I use since June.  My link that ends with "Aug19" doesn't work, either.

I still can't get yours to work properly :-(

@mi4090 wrote:

@grammeer 

Hello Grammeer,

Great you want to donate your points, I think is the very best way to use them at the end of the R4G program.  Would be wonderful if we just give them all to the Foundation to help struggling seniors. @andrewtoo has given you the link which is the one I found while searching online for it for the previous month. 

It was posted for August as https://rewards.aarp.org/#/department/product/aarppfcAug19.

Also, go to the search field an type "Donating Points"  click an look at the screenshots on how the banners will look on the lst of August to give you an idea of what to expect.  Remember to leave the quantity at (1), and follow the directions from there, print your receipt, "tax deductible" and Congratulations on giving $20.00 to help seniors.  

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

@andrewtoo 

Hello Andrew,

I was able to get both links to bring up the donation screen; It may have something to do with the browser being used.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

I had written this on Sunday and edited it below, one of the links that I posted does not work.  I couldn't be certain until I tried them this morning.  I checked and the banner to donate is posted (as mentioned elsewhere) on the Rewards home page accessible from the link below.  Also, I used the Chrome browser and the Microsoft Edge browser to test the links on my laptop.

@andrewtoo wrote:

Hello @grammeer ,

Welcome to the Forum.  Thanks for your interest in supporting the AARP Foundation.

They have not posted a link or a banner for August 2019 AARP Foundation contributions yet.  There is a limit of 2,000 points per member each month.  Also, after a certain amount raised in a month, then Rewards for Good will not allow anymore point contributions for that month.

There is a banner on the Rewards for Good home page posted on the first day of the month and that banner is taken down after the overall limit is reached.  The Rewards for Good home page is available to me at: https://rewards.aarp.org/?custom=R4G&intcmp=DSO-LOGIN-START-R4G-REDEEM#/?_k=umbpp0 .  The banner to donate was pulled down on July 8th, so, we might have a week to contribute, maybe less time to donate in August. 

I can speculate on the donation link for August 2019.

Edit: this link does not work for August 2019:

https://rewards.aarp.org/#/department/product/aarppfcAug19

This link should work:

https://rewards.aarp.org/#/department/product/aarppfcAugust19

I expect that an Admin will post a link on the first of the month or shortly thereafter, so, you could check the Forum again on August 1st.

Take care,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

@AARPTeri 

Hello Teri,

Thanks so much for posting that information, and for your attempts to get the donation limit increased is greatly appreciated.  I have faith that you can do itSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

@mi4090 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

@grammeer  Welcome and thank @andrewtoo , @mi4090  and @gm5271  for answering the question.  As far as September donation points we are still working to give you additional points and will let you know as soon as we can.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

Hello Marylin @mi4090 

I believe that they have not decided on the personal donation limit to the AARP Foundation for the month of September, just August (maybe I've missed something).  The last post on that subject was replying to you (I grabbed an image of the Admin reply) and I posted an image of it on the "Donating Points" Topic, see the image below.  I have not seen a post that states the limit for September yet (again, I could have missed something).  They waited until the 18th to reveal the limit for August.  I still hope the limit is increased for the last contribution in September.

001 Failed Effort Get Increase.JPG

@mi4090 wrote:

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger,

Community Managers/Adm has posted that the donation will be 2,000 points for SeptemberSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger,

Community Managers/Adm has posted that the donation will be 2,000 points for SeptemberSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

@grammeer 

Hello Grammeer 

Welcome to our community 

Thanks for your generosity & willingness to help Seniors 

@andrewtoo  & @mi4090 

Andrew & Marylin did awesome job providing you the needed info to donate in August 

I noticed you've been around long time just your 1st time posting.... Our Community offers lots of ways/ topics to connect with others sharing common interests 

As Marylin shared you can do search for any topic relating to just about anything you can think of... so I suggest checking it out can be great help & comfort & interesting reading & sharing

Also with Donations to AARP Foundation that is one part of R4G program that will continue with changeover to New AARP Rewards program so be on lookout for info of how it'll work in new program. Its always been $10 a month hopefully it'll remain same amount using whatever new point system they've planned for us. 

Thanks again for your interest & welcome Look forward to seeing you on a thread

Have a beautiful week 

Ginger  ;  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views