Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Donate Points to Foundation - Please Increase Limit

Message 81 of 102

Thanks for the kind words. It's greatly appreciated. It seemed like a good idea maybe to help others or towards a good cause if possible. Be a shame if not. I'm sorry I didn't think of it sooner. Regards 🙂

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 102

@andrewtoo 

Thanks Andrew for helping make this happen I too wish be more but double is better than nothing & grateful learn program will continue into new Rewards

@d526139s 

Hey D5 Welcome to our community great to have you here.... we are in this all together and help each other best we can 

Don't believe Andrew is aware cause not long ago I learned this information myself but AARP has a set goal for donations each month which that goal has been reached for June so if you try to donate & it doesn't work that's the reason BUT come Monday July 1st we can all donate 1000-2000 points which as Andrew stated will give AARP Foundation $10 or $20 although its not all your points every dollar helps and makes a difference Thanks for your kindness

There are topics/ threads here in community you can read lots of info about Foundation if you like to learn more

Again Thanks

Look forward to seeing more of you on our community 

Enjoy your weekend 

Ginger  :  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 102

Edit:  Unfortunately there is an overall limit to the monthly donation from Rewards for Good to AARP Foundation.  That overall limit has been reached for June, so, the Donation page will probably show "Sold Out" for the remainder of June.  I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.

Hello @d526139s 

It appears to be your first post to the AARP online community.  Welcome.  I'm sorry that it is under such stressful circumstances.  Many people, like yourself, are posting for the very first time because they feel strongly about the abrupt end of the Rewards for Good program.

Others have expressed interest in donating all of their points to the AARP Foundation.  We want to use those "expiring" points for Good.  Currently, there is a 1,000 point per month limit on the amount that can be donated to the Foundation.  I have already given for June, as have many others interested in the donation option.  However, if you haven't already donated for JUNE 2019, then you still have until Sunday night (6/30/19) to contribute 1,000 points.  I know that it may seem like a small amount compared to your point balance, but, the Foundation will get $10 for a one thousand point donation.  I didn't understand until recently that the gift of points would convert to actual cash for the Foundation.  We have been promised a new charity link beginning July 1st, so it should be easy to find.

To donate for the month of JUNE, you may use the following link:

https://rewards.aarp.org/#/department/product/aarppfcJune19

Below is an image of the donation screen, since I have already donated, it shows "sold out."  The donation screen allows for a quantity of "1" for a 1,000 points.  Currently, it does not allow for any other amount than "1" Quantity donation of $1,000.

Thank you so much for posting!

Andrew

001 Donation.JPG

@d526139s wrote:

Yes I would like to donate all of my bonus points as I can't use them all before the deadline. It's like 34,000 plus. Please advise if there is an option to do so.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 102

@d526139s  We are going to double monthly limits in July in recognition of how people want to do more for charity. 

In July, we will allow users to donate 2000 points max per month to the AARP Foundation. Look out for the new July charity link starting Monday, July 1.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 102

Yes I would like to donate all of my bonus points as I can't use them all before the deadline. It's like 34,000 plus. Please advise if there is an option to do so.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 102

Hello @JoyceK12 

Although I was hoping for a more robust limit for the next couple of months, thank you for the reply.  Displaying a banner or a prominent link to donate to the AARP Foundation again would, of course, be helpful.

Andrew

@JoyceK12 wrote:

Hi @andrewtoo  - we have an update to share. In July, we will allow users to donate 2000 points max per month to the AARP Foundation. Look out for the new July charity link starting Monday, July 1.

We know that our members love giving back which is why this redemption option will also be a part of the AARP Rewards program.

Thank you for your generosity!

Joyce

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 102

Hi @andrewtoo  - we have an update to share. In July, we will allow users to donate 2000 points max per month to the AARP Foundation. Look out for the new July charity link starting Monday, July 1.

We know that our members love giving back which is why this redemption option will also be a part of the AARP Rewards program.

Thank you for your generosity!

Joyce

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 102

@andrewtoo 

Triple Kudos Andrew

😇🥺😢😍 thanks 

GEM : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 102

That was really well said, Ginger! @gm5271  Rewards for Good should go out with a Bang, giving us options to use our rewards like we want.  We want to do Good!  We are "along for this ride."

Going out in a way that pleases us may cost more, but it will create goodwill that AARP should consider an asset.

@gm5271 wrote:

Yes yes indeedy Ditto Double Ditto Make it happen for more in June..... we'll be here.... we're along for this ride to new  things and journey & we'd like go out with a bang & good purpose 

Thanks Vicki @VoyagerVicki 

Ginger :  )

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 102

@andrewtoo wrote:

Hello @VoyagerVicki   Thank you for your reply.  We were kind of blindsided at the end of this month telling us that our points will become worthless.  Also, the Banner to Donate to the Foundation has strangely disappeared.

I'm glad that raising the limit is being considered for next month.  Thanks.  But, how about raising it before the end of the Month, since we have had so little time to react to the announcement and ask for the increase donation limit.  Again, Thanks!

@VoyagerVicki wrote:

@andrewtoo @gm5271 @mi4090 

Yes, the points donation limit for June has already been reached. This will reset on Monday, July 1, so you will be able to donate points again then. 

We're checking on the possibility of raising the points donation limit for next month.

Yes yes indeedy Ditto Double Ditto Make it happen for more in June..... we'll be here.... we're along for this ride to new  things and journey & we'd like go out with a bang & good purpose 

Thanks Vicki @VoyagerVicki 

Ginger :  )

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views