Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily deal

Message 1 of 15

This daily deal to try and use my "Rewards FOR GOOD" is garbage.  The add to cart button did appear and then all deals were in carts in the 100 milliseconds it took to click the mouse.  Not worth my time for 5 bucks.

Hopefully the new program gives us some rewards worth something.  Otherwise just don't bother.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

I started a few minutes before 3:00 clicking, but the ADD TO CART never lite up, then I see the all items in card sign.  I give up, there is not way you can get the item if the add to cart sign does not light up.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@andrewtoo  @mi4090 

Sorry Andrew & Marylin 

Indeed the site was a mess I was there 15 minutes before 3 all was good then at 3 freaked out really freaky... an overload but site did recover later & offer me deal at 3:42 

Being a Walmart card everyone was gonna want that & most likely be same today for Amazon card but I plan to hang around if freaks again cause it'll come back 

Andrew I'm am glad you got card it was truly frustrating seems every time lately I've had to do 5 or more fraud windows it truly has been different these last few weeks can only assume cause we've gotten a lot more folks coming to site as its ending

Look forward to seeing everyone on new Rewards Forum tomorrow. I sure hope the new Rewards Program is going to earn all the hype Helpers have set us up for

Good luck everyone🍀

🤗Go Early Tap early & win😎

All of you I've met here & shared R4G forum with are already winners to me Thanks for everything 

Gratefully 

Ginger  :  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

@catladyrn 

Hey Cat

Yes 3PM Daily Deal is supposedly ending will be a Floating Deal whatever that means in the new AARP Rewards 

BUT when we guide someone to start clicking/tapping(my word) early which works Yes we are clicking the "add to cart" button that is not lit up BUT by going early & Tapping early we are tapping when it does light up therefore putting one in our cart 

Moot point or not this works It's NOT A SCAM no one is misleading anyone

I'm living proof of recieving many nice Daily Deal items and will miss not having the 3PM Daily Deal

Good luck if you try get last R4G Daily Deal today 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew glad you got the card, for the last couple of days I've been getting the error message.  The struggle and frustration continues with only days remaining.  This isn't good, a huge amount of memberships won't be renewed.  

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

Andrewtoo,

I agree, if this is the best they can do, better to not do it at all.  I guess we shall see what the new program brings . . .

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

I got a Walmart Card in my cart at 3:20.  It took 14 minutes and reloading my pages in excess of 20 times.  I was unable to bring up a R4G page at times during this process.  Time after time I tried to checkout.  About every 3 times I would refresh and the site would tell me that my "Shopping cart was empty"  and I pressed the continue shopping button, refreshed a couple of times and back to the screen below.  I completed the security screen properly several times and it would just bring me back to the checkout screen.  Finally, it brought me to the "place my order" screen and I clicked the button to place the order at least 3 times and refreshed before it actually took my points and gave me a confirmation number.

Please don't tell me how lucky I am!  It's only $5 and I'm pissed.  I hope the new AARP Rewards doesn't have this frustrating, quirky platform because it can't handle the volume.  AARP members deserve better.

001 Can't Checkout!.JPG

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

Like MANY others, I too have been trying to use up my points by going for the daily deals.  The website obviously cannot handle the high volume of activity.  Today, the button did turn yellow for a split second, then it said the daily deal was sold out and displayed tomorrow's deal briefly, before returning to the familiar all items are in carts display.  When I tried to refresh the screen, the page crashed.

I typed this, then tried again to get back to the daily deal.  After some difficulty, the screen came up and I was able to get a gift card.  When I went to checkout, I had to go through about 4 screens of the Recapcha, and it didn't act like I was logged in because I had to put in my name and address when I checked out, which is usually prefilled.  I checked out quickly before it glitched again, and got a confirmation screen, but my confirmation number was gibberish!  I did get a confirmation email and the points were deducted from my account, so we will see.  I realize it's free, but it is very poorly done.  My husband refuses to use the site at all due to the frustration, and he wanted to cancel our membership.

I can only hope that whatever program follows this one is handled better.  I think R4G reflects poorly on the AARP organization.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

I couldn't even log in a couple minutes before the Daily Deal.  Something is broken on the site.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

I can't even get back into the Rewards for Good.  I think with all the problems I have, this is going to be my last year with AARP.  The money I am saving on Consumre Cellular isn't worth it.

Kudos
Views