Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily deal

Message 1 of 95

So unfair!  I was ready when the daily deal came up today at 3. I immediately hit the button when it said add to cart and immediately it said cart was full. What??  I immediately called AARP and was on hold for 1 hour and 13 minutes. All he could do was offer me a $5 gift certificate from whatever was left from all the daily deals.  Really?? I have enough points for $80.  How many gift certificates did AMAZON offer?  AARP and AMAZON scammed us! 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 95

I don’t know why I encourage people to give the new program a chance.  If they give up and don’t continue, there will be better odds for people like me who will stick around.  I guess I should shut up!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 95
Agree, it's a Scam! I'm done, too. Won't be renewing my Membership! I thought we were informed and protected by Senior Scams from AARP. I never thought they would be a part of one. Totally not right!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 95

I agree!  Did the same thing several tries. What it there only 1 item in the silt deal!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 95

Daily Deal is a real problem, and doesn't make AARP look good.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 95
Where do you get your insurance?
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 95
Same here. It's been months since I've been able to get a gift card on the Daily Deal. Always I click in the first second the button appears, and it either freezes and hangs, by which time the carts are full, or the cart can't be checked out.

I can't see any really good reason to renew my membership. AARP's insurance was 50% more than I pay now. The magazines tell me things I already know. The discounts are replicated elsewhere.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 95

Awsome! I actually got an item in the cart today but it would not let me check out. Now it says all items are in carts and aks me to remove the item from my cart. It sure does not work well at all. I did talk to AARP and they said they had trouble with the site today. However that was it, no offer to remedy!😦

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 95

The daily deal was already in my cart which would NOT allow me to check out, despite numerous tries.  It just didn't give me the option to check out.  It doesn't help with another browser, as you cannot even access the Rewards for Good.  This is NOT the 1st time this has happened, nor the 2nd nor the 3rd, but many many times.  AARP has a few days to prove themselves.  Let's hope for the best.  If it doesn't improve, I'm on my way out of here. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 95

Same.  

What a scam. 

Kudos