Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily deal

Message 11 of 95

Same.  

Had it in my cart and then it disappeared 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 95

Me too! Kept trying to log in, finally got through and they were all in carts.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 95

you really are a bunchh of hypocrites (aarp) before you could try to gey deal and it had allready ended im cancelling my card

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 95

@Robin7573 wrote:

Ha!  I sat there and got the daily deal in my cart, but it never let me go any further to finish the check out, and then my cart disappeared from the screen, and it said the daily deal had ended.  

Scam!

You were probably logged in and waiting before it crashed.  I tried to log in last minute and couldn't.  When you clicked on the Daily deal when it counted down, your browser just hung up because the link for the button was gone.  Just another glitch with the old software.  Be gald we may be getting something better in a few days.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 95

Ha!  I sat there and got the daily deal in my cart, but it never let me go any further to finish the check out, and then my cart disappeared from the screen, and it said the daily deal had ended.  

Scam!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 95

Looks like nobody got todays daily deal... Haven't been able to log into the Rewards page for 15 minutes.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 95

Hello @randi123hulce ,

There's been a lot discussion about the Points Only Magazine deals and you are able to change the shipping address to send to someone else.

Thanks for posting that informationSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day, 

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 95

DAILY DEAL gift cards are very difficult but not impossible. I actually scored one (Staples $5 Gift card) but have been unsuccesful the other 5 times I have tried. 

SOME TIPS: 

PC/Mac is likely faster than your mobile phone un less youve got an iPhone X.    Clear your PC casche as that slows things down.  Start clicking about a full minute before the 3pm/12pm official start time, most likely you will get "All items in carts" message; but 20 minutes later a batch will be released, carts not purchased become available again after 20 minutes.  I got my win at 12:20 not at 12.  A few more will pop up at 40 minutes after also; but very few. I got one in my cart at 12:41 then could not complete.  I emailed customer service and they  did respond, were polite, but not helpful. 

HOWEVER, the local deals are very easy to purchase, check them out.  Most are 10% off a purchase or specified dolllar amount off or BYGO (With restrictions so read carefully) Example -  I have had no problem printing out coupons for 10% off at a local mexican restaurant I frequent regularly and no issues with redemption. 

ALSO MAGAZINES - if you have interest in any there are about a dozen offered for $00.00 points only.  No credit card is used, no automatic renewal.  Just free for a year subscription.  Cannot give as gifts though. 

MERCHANDISE is all overpriced or same price you will find on Amazon or at Costco. Don't waste your time or money.  Same with the AUCTIONS.  People are bidding a million points for a $5 gift card, it is really funny. 

PURCHASED GIFT CARDS will all give you $5 free ($50 card for $45 price) or $10 free ($100 card for $90 price) Worth it if  a place you frequent regularly. If you are planning a MAJOR purchase at Macys like furniture or expensive kitchen item... they offer a $500 card for $450.  Yes expensive, but an actual $50 savings if you are buying something expensive at Macys anyway.  In other words, there are deals to be had if you match your needs.  Good Luck!   

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 95

Hello @rd91258366 ,

Start tapping "Add to Cart" button about 2 or 3 minutes before 3p, and you may get (1) in your Cart. 

Good Luck, there are thousands of members trying for "points only" deals.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 95

Hello @rb67155117 ,

That's so true about points being wasted on Sweeps (Points Graveyard) it's like flushing them down a toiletSmiley Sad  These are sad times and a huge disappointmentSmiley Sad

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors