From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily deal

Message 1 of 8

@Brightpool 

Lynn,

Karen @k380494p  did a good job of explaining how difficult it was to purchase and complete the transaction for the $5 Walmart card on Friday.  Also, since the entire system seemed slow, as Gem @gm5271 mentioned, I got the bright (no pun intended) idea to clear my cookies, which seems to help reset things sometimes.  Well, I couldn't get signed back on!  It took maybe only a few frantic minutes, but I cleared them too close to 3PM.  I was trying everything that I could think of, but, finally, it let me bring up the Daily Deal page.  I had maybe a couple of minutes before it started.  The system really was slow, before and after clearing my cookies.  As a side note, on the current system, clearing cache doesn't seem to do much for me.

Still, after all of that, the R4G pages were still slow to load and the Daily Deal was a nightmare to complete.  I knew that I had the item in my cart, but couldn't complete.  Then, it showed my cart was empty.  Refreshing to try to move forward over and over.  Confirm number was undefined.  The whole nine yards.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I got the card.  I really never expected to get a WALMART card considering they are the largest retailer in the country and just about everyone can use one or give it to a friend/loved one.  It was just overly strange and difficult to get this deal completed.  Thanks for posting and the follow, along with the others who posted.

Take care,

AndrewToo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

How's this for a kicker:

This morning, I noticed the little cart under my Hi, Lynn had a 1 showing. I clicked it and found the Walmart gift card, greyed out, by itself in my list of orders with a banner over it that said the item was no longer available at that price ($0.00) and I'd need to remove it before I could order anything else.

From that, I can only guess that the item went to my cart and I only missed getting it because of all the other things that sidetracked me while I was trying to complete my transaction on it.

Oh, well. I get to keep my 500 points for another time. *grin*

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@k380494p @Brightpool 

Hi Karen & Lynn

I had the same exact experience yesterday site was really wonky freaky I really couldn't believe ended up with deal but did finally after blank page no order# & ect.... everything Karen said 

It took a long time & was truly unreal never seen that way before

Also this morning site was being funky again a long delay in pages opening thought might be my phone but everything else comes up ok just R4G site 

Thanks for sharing I kinda wondered if just me

Sorry Lynn hope you get other deals and hopefully site will work as should for all 

Enjoy your weekend 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

@Brightpool  I am sorry you didn't manage to get the Daily Deal.  The Rewards Catalog was really messed up yesterday.  Several times when I tried to load it, I got a blank page.  After a few tries, I got to the Daily Deal page. I did manage to get the Daily Deal in my cart, but could not get the Captcha.  I opened a new page and it said my cart was empty.  I clicked back to my original window and the item was still in my cart.  After going back and clicking the cart icon to try to complete the transaction (I did it four of five times),  I managed to get to the Captcha which I completed three or four times.  When trying to finalize the order I got no response from the system so I had to go back and try that a couple of times.  Finally, I got the order confirmation with an order number that said 'undefined'.  However, I finally did get an order number to come up.  Overall, it must have taken me ten minutes to figure it out and complete the transaction.

Hopefully, next time, things will be better.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

Since I rarely even try for the Daily Deal, yesterday was unusual in that I was ready to try for the Walmart $5 gift card.

When the time came, I clicked and got a message about having the item in my cart and completing a Captcha challenge, but the dialog box had nothing else in it but a Cancel button. I waited. Nothing changed and I still could not complete the transaction. After a few minutes, I tried refreshing my screen.
*POOF*
Gone!

I thought that might restore that card to the Daily Deal and open up one slot for me to try again.
Nope! I saw only the message that all items were in carts.

That was so close, and yet so far!

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@diana14 

Hello Diana,

I usually forget it everyday, because it's so difficult to get.  There seems to be a trick to getting anything through R4GSmiley LOL  I understand your frustation.

Hopefully you can get one before it's over.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

I am also disappointed!  I had a problem in logging in today.  I tried logging in about 5 minutes before the Daily Deal was to start.  I got a red notice to call Customer Service.  I kept trying  to log on and finally got to the Daily Deal, and clicked a green Add to Shopping Cart.  It acted as if it was working, but then told me all items were in the Shopping Cart and told me to wait and maybe one would be available.  Very frustrating since I had trouble getting on the site and did get a green Add to Shopping Cart.  I very seldom have tried a Daily Deal and this is why.  It never works for me.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Daily deal

Message 8 of 8

I have click the available but it didn't go thru and it was a frustrating when waiting for the time but I was been waiting for 5 hours then I can get it ...I'm very disappointed 

Kudos
Views
Replies