Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily deal

Message 61 of 95

You don't have to give up on the daily deal!   Just call AARP and tell them your issues.  I experienced the same thing and what AARP did was walk me through "clearing" my computer.  She even said to call before the items I wanted and she would make sure the computer was "clear."  (Don't ask me what clear means, I have no clue.  Good luck!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 95
I had the same problem and I called AARP about it. She took me through a process to clear my computer. I have three dots in the upper right hand corner of my screen and we clicked on that and she took me through the steps. Today I bought something and got in within the 2 minutes that things sell out! I was sitting right at my computer ready to punch "add to cart" right at 3:00 (my time). Anyway, the gal at AARP said to call her before I want to buy something to make sure my computer is clear. I really don't know what she did, I'm not technologically savy. Good luck!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 95

They should show how many of the daily deal item are available.  So if there are 100 gift cards and we know 100,000 people are trying to get tem, it's probably a waste of time to try.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 95

I used to work for a company that gave members points.  They know how many people try to get the deals and they know how many items they have.  Especally with something obviously will atract lots of people like a $5,00 gift card for 500 points.  The shame is that they purposely onlly put out a small number of items when they know demand will be much larger.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 95

@cw3899

Hi Sorry you are frustrated 

Yes you can't get Daily Deal till 3pm & lots folks trying to get so you have to be tapping put in cart button as it becomes 3pm and then it can still get gone As I've written in prior posts here I've gotten a couple deals right at beginning but more from waiting ready tap button for another to pop up.... other day with chopping board I really wanted this item popped up couple times but no fraud button so couldn't finalize sale finally at 3:47 got it in cart and fraud button so yes others may feel this waste of time reckon just depends how much you want item... for me it was worth the wait & my time. 

I don't do this everyday because I don't desire all the items but since the update months ago and we now can see the next days item being offered I can check & plan the time for items like try for. 

I can promise you not scam because I've gotten some nice items ... just requires bit of luck and patience as many of us are trying... so good luck and keep trying it'll happen for you too. 

PS: will mention check your time on your system using & R4G time mine is off 1 minute so go by timer countdown  : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 95
The same exact thing has happened to me several times. I wait until 3pm, and it already says that ALL ITEMS ARE CURRENTLY IN CARTS!!! Wait around until one becomes available. Such a waste!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 95

What is the point if the products are saying that they are currently in shopping carts??? When there are subscription magazines on Daily Deals they are always available. Is this just a scam?? I will not be wasting my time sitting here until 3 pm to try to get a deal. It is a waste of time!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 95

I have been waiting to get the 5 piece bake wear since 2:55. When 3:00 came it had said that all item are currently in carts. I don't understand how they are in carts already as soon as 3:00 came! You can't even add anything to your cart before 3:00. What a JOKE!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 95

@Shoppergirl40

Hi I just say in my experience that I have to refresh my page and I do it alot especially if the fraud box (check-  i'm not robot) doesn't appear once click and have item in cart if don't get fraud box nothing you do will finalize the sale have to try again

As other saying on site 5 hours don't think that matters at times i'm on site doing things for hours.  Just b4 Daily Deal I check I'm still logged in cause do on my phone which doesn't show all info on top like a PC computer does so just confirm then try and wait and watch for another to become available if all in carts b4 I have one 

Refreshing doesn't make it become available or any thing like that just helps page be fresh and that's what I discovered helped the fraud box come up when & if get another one pop back up

Hope this helps 

But nothing changes the luck factor and waiting patiently for another to pop up if really want item 

Good luck Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 95

I refreshed mines multiple times and still note available. I was on this daily deal 5hours before and it says all items are in the cart. I'm not sure what to think

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.