Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily deal

Message 81 of 95

I agree with you 100 percent.  There are a lot of problems with the website for AARP.  I think they need better tech people.  I hope the Daily Deal is not a scam.  AARP is constantly warning senior citizens about scams. Sad situation.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 95

Today, I was online and ready for when the "Daily Deal" was going to become available...  at 3:00 when the countdown counter reached 00, it immediately said "ENDED".  I believe that the "Daily Deal" is truly a scam and a total waste of time any more.  AARP should just take it down as it is frustrating more members than entertaining them to say the least.  The only thing that seems to work as designed is the constant badgering that your membership dues are due... starting around 6 months before your membership term actually expires... and, as we all know, seniors just LOVE to be badgered.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 95

Thanks for this great info!  Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 95

I have the same problem.  I would Add to Cart on ones that no one wants because those ones I win. Lately, I click add to cart, tells me I have in cart and have 20 minutes, I click continue and nothing happens and when I do log out/log back in, it is sold out and of course nothing in my cart.

Also, I am sorry to say this but your Daily Deals system is the worst. I log in about 1 minute before, the Add to cart is not highlighted and when it is 300pm EST it still does not highlight to allow me to click on.  I have press F5 to refresh, I am able to click on it than I get Item in your cart, click continue than within a minute it tells me all items in cart and of course it is not in my Cart.  This happens constantly.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 95

Miy probem is as soon as I click on the daily deal it says it's sold out.  I go back and sign in again and of course by then everthing is in carts. Sometimes one will become available but then it asks me if I am a robot and click in cars or windows, by then every thing is in carts again.  And the process keeps doing the same thing. Don't understand why I have to do the robot thing over and over, I'm already logged in.  Soooooooo frustrating!!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 95

@willersUSA

Daily Deals go fast especially if not for magazines If I'm interested in one I go to site at 2:45 Freshly sign in and click on Daily Deal Since the update you can see the next days Daily Deals prior to 3PM (if it sold out which most do) which is awesome didn't work that way before only saw what was at 2:50PM & at times in emails. So I check each day when come to site to enter Sweeps & do quizzes and read all great info available and if like item I set reminder alarm on my phone to go to site next day @ 2:45 and try my luck in getting it. 

If your on Rewards page you must click Redeem points for it to take you to page you can enter Sweepstakes and purchase items with points & money also has Daily Deal Box click on it (U MUST HAVE POINTS IT REQUIRES TO PURCHASE) It will not become available until 3PM I've setup on both my phone and tablet and they will be off a minute from each other also off from countdown time So need to go early If its popular item will go quickly so be ready to hit button add to shopping cart when lights up Also if miss it wait and watch for least 30 minutes/or Showing next days item.  I've gotten two items wanted waiting for pop up available again which can happen because person changed mind, run out of time(program allows you 20 minutes to COMPLETE your purchase from time you hit button add to cart), possibly sale not accepted. Once you hit add to cart You MUST hit the fraud thing showing your not a robot if only continue button comes up refresh your page so fraud will appear otherwise you'll not be able to purchase. 

I personally am grateful for the site changes for many reasons

Good luck don't give up & hopefully you'll get an item soon I'm proof trying pays off Can't get every item & shouldn't be able to...it needs to be spread amongst all and it sure is sweet when do get a deal... Yippie yippie I feel and it excites me So hang in there & remain hopeful always your moment will come ; ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 95

I m not sure I understand what "daily deal" is all about. I was going to buy a "deal" that was supposed to have started/opened at 3:00 PM and at 3:05 PM I got the message "Daily Deal is Out". 

were is the deal?

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 95

I have trouble with the daily deal process. It will say continue then won't let me go any further. Quite often, my points total will say zero, even when I sign in again. Sometimes I have to sign in a bunch of times for it to work.

Another thing... when I am trying to enter the sweepstakes, there is no block/box to enter the number of points you want to apply toward the sweepstake.  It has already put the item in my cart then removed it within a 2 to 5 minute period.  They say you have 20 minutes in the cart before it is removed, but that is not true all the time. I've gotten to the check out page and had it removed at that time already right before I pressed the last button to confirm the order. There are obviously some glitches in the program.  Sometimes, when I am waiting for the daily deal like it says to wait because an item might become available soon, my page does a time-out and I lose my spot and it's too late to get back on. Sometimes very frustrating indeed!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 95

What has happened to the daily deal?  I have been checking for it like I have been doing for a long time and there is nothing there.  I can't even try for the daily deal anymore.  The web site seems to have changed and I don't like it.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 95

Wow just noticed my message other day went to different place than to here where i'd previously posted so copying & pasting here & hope it will give you all some hope & your able to get a great deal soon: 

Re: Daily Deal

Heart Woman Wink

I'm super excited I was just now able to purchase the Halo Dangle Earrings Daily Deal today b4 they were all sold out Yippie yippie I was waiting as I've done before but today with both my phone and my tablet & was able to get item into my cart I almost messed up not noticing the click to hit fraud thing before hit continue 

So i'm very delighted with the new update to the online setup which now shows tomorrow deal online(unless not sold out) which I saw last night and setup timer to remind me Also think update helps to purchase but also very grateful every since update I'm now able to play quizzes for points on my phone Before didn't work on phone It now takes a wee bit more effort to enter all the sweepstakes but I'm happy for changes and who knows one day might win a sweeps 

So I may never get another item other than magazines and these earrings but I feel there is Hope which always makes life easier and better... so good luck everyone Maybe tomorrow is your day to be blessed!  : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views