Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily Deal in Cart but SOLD OUT? :-(

Message 41 of 69

Ok. I have my eGift card printed.  This was an ordeal with a short time line.  The instructions could have caused me to give my card back.  And, I am still on hold.  I'll hang up now, but, if I needed to talk to someone to help me; I would have lost my card.  Whew!

AndrewToo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 69

All I got today was when I clicked the 'add to cart' a message that it was sold out.  When I pressed 'continue' it showed that it was still available so I clicked 'add to cart' again.  Said it was sold out, clicked 'continue' still showed it available.  Then showed 'all in carts'.  This happened probably a half a dozen times over the approximate half hour it was 'available'.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 69

Finally allowed me to checkout with E-Card.  Got email confirm.  Got " Subject: You've received an eGift card!"  But, the link does not work to bring up my E-Card.  When I click on like to "View Gift" it give the following screen.  I called customer service and I am still on hold...LOL.  I'm glad I didn't remove from my cart, however, I not convinced that I have an E-Card.

001 Certificate Activating.JPG

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Daily Deal in Cart but SOLD OUT? :-(

Message 44 of 69

@AARPTeri @VoyagerVicki @sandy 

What in the World is going on?  I have never seen this before.

I have to Remove it from my cart, after successfully going through 3 or 4 robot screens???  I'm on hold with but can't get through to Customer Service.  See below (I had to remove my name and address from the image, Thanks Teri: 

001 Checkout Walmart ECard.JPG

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily Deals is a rip off.

Message 45 of 69

@NancyC35624 

Hi Nancy 

Hate your 1st post in our community is due to upset... sorry your upset 

Seems lifetime ago but it wasn't.... few years ago my 1st post was about trying to get the Daily Deal 

Which at time I was very upset wanted a clock they were offering.... Today I am grateful for that time because it introduced me to this wonderful community from which I've met some nice folks & gotten help and read lots of great topics... indeed a blessing 

I don't want to go into my long tale of how try to get deal But if you'll read topics and threads here many share what works for them and also others their upset... which for me was comforting to know I wasn't alone in my dilemma.

Trust me its not a scam 

Also feel they do good job having variety of items appeal to different folks any given day

Have no idea how many of each item there is....I accept its a game of chance and luck as with scratch off tickets or such 

So try to read other posts and keep the faith & trying you'll lucky day will come 

Good luck 🍀

Ginger :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 69

Yes, I am very disappointed with trying to get the Daily Deal. 

The size of AARPshould allow them to do more. 

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 69

@HokiePoq  @k380494p 

Hey Hokie & K

Good to hear good things about the Daily Deal

As I've shared many times in past just as K posted if your patient & watch and wait another will pop back up I've seen it do that many times... have gotten item as late as 3:47. 

I've gotten several really nice Daily Deals I research pricing & such they are good deals do believe some are discontinued items because got a Clam Hair Curler few months ago was missing comb when contacted the Manufacturer they said no longer made couldn't get comb.... works fine though. 

I've been very satisfied with the jewelry items I've gotten. 

Yes Gift Cards for points only are tough.... Thanks K for the info about the order # that's interesting since we can only get 1 deal only 2 in same household could be privy to that info. 

Also I've seen the same product reappear months later I'd given a necklace for Christmas gift was loved was nice to be able get another for other person loved it. 

FYI:  I most always complete my Daily Tasks & quizzes and try for Deals interested in on my Mobile Phone and if something really want I will have my tablet and phone setup to try for it. 

I even got one while traveling down highway. 

Couple years ago it was impossible to complete quizzes on phone it'd just spin but they did major update think early 2017 that helped fix the sizing issues which made possible do all same things on phone as PC or tablet. 

Only issue with phone is if wanna change Community settings have do on tablet

So, @dc36138745 

Keep on smiling and keep on trying its not a scam AARP not trying harm/steal/cheat Seniors/ members

The whole site R4G & Our Community & AARP exist for us 

Good luck .... wee bit of luck & patience quite possibly you'll be singing a happier tune

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 69

Sorry you are unhappy with the Daily Deal.   I got a $5 card last week and have gotten some before.  Normally you don't...as you said the odds aren't good.   It was good to know some actual numbers from the other poster.   I'd wondered how many of them were out there myself.   

But it is not a scam.   No one forces anyone to look at the merchandise.  Only merchandise I've ever purchased has been from a daily deal that I thought was a good deal.  Those, too, go fast  but can reappear after a period of time if people don't check out in time.

To the other poster....I did get one on mobile some time ago.  Very surprised at that.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 69

So glad it worked for you. Unfortunately the 250,000 of us who couldn't buy it are out of luck. You should go out buy several lottery tickets. This is your lucky day.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 69

@dc36138745   The Daily Deal is not a rip off, it is just hard to get.  Today, both my husband and I managed to get the Chevron Gift Card.  After seeing your post, I went and looked at both of our order confirmations.  There was a difference of over 250 orders between his order and mine.  I doubt that I was the first to click and he was the last, so I am guessing there were at least several hundred available.

Also, I went and watched the rest of the sale.  At 3:21, cards became available.  The 'Add to Cart' button lasted for about 5 seconds.  Sometimes one has to be patient for the deal to come around a second time.

FWIW  I don't think I ever got a Daily Deal using my cell phone, just my laptop connected to my home internet.

I hope this helps.  Have a great day!

Kudos
Views