Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily Deal

Message 21 of 26

Same with me literally I don't know what have to do to get item I wanted clock with pictures today watched whole 10 minutes tap as soon as available went to my cart but was showing 0 points & nothing in cart : ) then screen came up not added to cart all already in cart ....really upsets me I have reminder on phone to tell me at 15 till go check deal everyday Some not interested in but others can't get and today I wanted clock the most of anything ever I'm sad over this Don't understand how system works cause I have no luck with it How about anyone else? Thanks 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 26

@l471650b @rp15681857

Each Daily Deal lasts for 23 hours and 50 minutes.  At 2:50 pm, the current days (upcoming) DD shows up and there is 10 minutes until it starts.  At 3 pm, when the deal starts, the timer at the top of the page will say 23 hours and 50 minutes and start counting down.  At 3:01 the timer will say 23 hours and 49 minutes, etc.  

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 26

@l471650bwrote:

Really? Then why, after the countdown to 0 for the Daily Deal to become available, does the timer instantly change to show 23h 50m left on the deal when the actual time of 3:01 PM??? The past 2 days, after watching the countdown to 0 & clicking the very instant the 'add to cart' button appears, does it immediately indicate that ALL ITEMS ARE CURRENTLY IN CARTS, but the TIMER changes to show it is 10 minutes into the deal that just started seconds ago. I took a screenshot of my desktop showing the time on my computer at 3:11 PM while the daily deal page displayed the time left in the deal at 23h38m44s - so at 3:11 we're 22 minutes into the deal? Clearly, there were 10 minutes unaccounted for in that countdown. Something is wrong here.

Yes, I've never seen a daily deal actually functional properly.  Few times I tried to check at 3pm they were always already taken in cart - makes no sense whatsoever.

Your info seems to indicate that they don't maintain proper time on their servers. Time sync is mandatory across servers for anything that has this type of functionality.  Total IT amateurs,  Ok - maybe jumped too fast..  have seen times where items were still available, but timing definitely has odd behaviour.   Was also annoyed since the daily Login Deposit points were 50 yesterday, so thought they were taking away more points again..    back to 75 points today. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 26

Really? Then why, after the countdown to 0 for the Daily Deal to become available, does the timer instantly change to show 23h 50m left on the deal when the actual time of 3:01 PM??? The past 2 days, after watching the countdown to 0 & clicking the very instant the 'add to cart' button appears, does it immediately indicate that ALL ITEMS ARE CURRENTLY IN CARTS, but the TIMER changes to show it is 10 minutes into the deal that just started seconds ago. I took a screenshot of my desktop showing the time on my computer at 3:11 PM while the daily deal page displayed the time left in the deal at 23h38m44s - so at 3:11 we're 22 minutes into the deal? Clearly, there were 10 minutes unaccounted for in that countdown. Something is wrong here.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 26

@charming1a  

Daily Deals spark a huge amount of interest and traffic to the program, driving them to sell out quickly. Quantities can vary from 25 to 1,000 depending on what the item is.  

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Daily Deal

Message 26 of 26

They must not have more than 1 or 2 of the Daily Deals because I watched it countdown to 0 clicked on it and it said sold out

Kudos
Views
Replies