From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily Deal

Message 11 of 26

When the daily deal comes up, the Add to Shopping Cart is not highlighted & I am not able to click on the daily deal, & then I see it is all sold out.  Why is the Add to Shopping Cart not highlighted so I can at least try to get the daily deal?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 26

Heart Woman Wink

I'm super excited I was just now able to purchase the Halo Dangle Earrings Daily Deal today b4 they were all sold out Yippie yippie I was waiting as I've done before but today with both my phone and my tablet & was able to get item into my cart I almost messed up not noticing the click to hit fraud thing before hit continue 

So i'm very delighted with the new update to the online setup which now shows tomorrow deal online(unless not sold out) which I saw last night and setup timer to remind me Also think update helps to purchase but also very grateful every since update I'm now able to play quizzes for points on my phone Before didn't work on phone It now takes a wee bit more effort to enter all the sweepstakes but I'm happy for changes and who knows one day might win a sweeps 

So I may never get another item other than magazines and these earrings but I feel there is Hope which always makes life easier and better... so good luck everyone Maybe tomorrow is your day to be blessed!  : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 26

Hi Hokie Poq,

I wrote a rather lengthy reply to your post yesterday, hit Post, and am not sure what happened to it.

I can't see it.  Trying again.

To answer your question about which browser I use, I usually use Firefox on my Mac... occasionally Safari.

I'll  try to condence this other part.

I've been monitoring some of the AARP R4G Daily Deals (gift cards and other items) at their start times since the 'new look' to the website.

Various things have happened.

Sometimes, all goes fine.

At other times, there appear to be glitches in the process that are either resolved quickly by the site managers, take some additional time, or can extend over an hour and never seem to be resolved because the 'Add to Cart', 'Continue' buttons, or processes would not work properly. 

At that time, the item availability seems to change to Sold Out anyway. 

Sometimes, I just need to 'refresh' the web page at the start after a glitch if it doesn't change by itself.

Changing my browser has not changed anything for me.

We know that the system can possibly get overloaded at the start with many people clicking at the same time.   We can only guess what is actually happening.

It would be nice it the site would let us know when they 'are experiencing technical difficulties, and are trying to resolve the issues', or unable to.

I have been able to get a few gift cards here and there.

I hope this helps a little.

- T -

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 26

This is exactly what just happened today and it was not sold out.   I was watching the countdown in Chrome and the countdown went straight from1 to sold out.   I then opened Edge and sure enough there was the deal, still offered.   This was a good day to check as Car and Driver did not sell out immediately.  It is my opinion that the "upgrade" made the Daily Deal not work with Chrome and perhaps other browsers.  Tomorrow I will try with Edge and see what happens.    The active button never appears in Chrome since the upgrade.   @charming1a What browser were you using?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 26

Just letting you know that I had problems with the Daily Deal/$5 Amazon card also yesterday... along with many other people that I've heard about.

After numerous clicks over the hour that took us to the next step of it saying it was in our cart,

only to have the 'Continue' button not work... I finally DID get it in my cart.

However, after immediately going to 'Proceed to Checkout', and getting as far as the Complete or Submit Order button...

I was then told that (apologetically) the item was no longer available, and I had to remove it from my cart.

The same problems occured until the site showed Sold Out.

This situation has happened with other gift card deals that I know about.

I do know of 1 person that was able to get the card yesterday near the beginning, a few seconds after the start.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 26

You have to click on that little button area that comes up to continue with purchase I've only been able to get 3 magazines through program in all my years here just got O magazine yesterday for points only but still can't get others in time.... only get magazines they last longer

But did recall what your talking about had do yesterday & if you don't do that to prevent frauds thing you can't buy Just like earning points in quizzes it sometimes asks for me do that same thing to get my points 

Good Luck maybe one day will get a great item Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 26

I just got the daily deal 7/17/2018 5 amazon gift card for 500 points and got the following page and it would not let me comtinue and timed out!!!!!

This item will be reserved in your cart for 20minutes. Please complete the following verification to proceed. This step reduces fraudulent activity so we can ensure Rewards for Good users have the best experience.

No thanks, I've changed my mind

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 26

I found complaints as far back as 2015, so the problem is pervasive!  As  great as AARP is, it should use its muscle to force their third party to stop the fraud, otherwise discontinue the Daily Deals, period!  AARP should be ashamed of itself for sponsoring something that the majority of the senior community cannot benefit from.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 26

Hi,  I have 'snagged' some of the daily deals and I am definitely not a bot (or use a bot).  I am a member and a real person who clicks on the 'add to'  button.  I have noticed that to 'check out' a daily deal, one has to complete the 'captcha' which would be hard for a bot to do. I do think it is hard to snag a daily deal unless you have a real fast browser, a real fast computer, a real fast internet connection, and real fast reflexes.  However, it is possible.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 26

Not to continue to discourage you, but there is definitely "bots" set up that are grabbing the daily deal faster than any of us real people can.  These programs send out a rapid fire "click" to the Rewards for Good site and snag the deal. Note that a few years ago the RwG team removed the winning user IDs since the same people (or automated bot accounts) were winning constantly. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be an audit of the website to determine how flagrant the abuse is.  Generally, the CPA firm completing the annual audit of the organization would perform an IT audit to determine all issues and recommend changes in security needed.

This is why you will occasionally see the button that says Click this to verify that I am a human.

Since the site is free, a class action lawsuit would not bring much in damages, but might push the team to move for correction, but certainly there are more important things for us to use our time for.

So, just ignore the daily deals, you will only win by sheer luck (odds are better in the lottery) or if the item has little value.

Kudos
Views