Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily Deal: another scam? And, do we care?

Message 1 of 10

**Wow we do learn something new everyday .....I've been reading threads from all over & checking out info about folks in whole community & then checked my own list out & just discovered that I have "drafts" of posts was writing then hit something or left then thought were lost but they weren't- there listed at bottom of my info page Wow So here in evening of 23rd I'm posting a reply wrote this morning just because have it... see if works.... others have are too old to post.... nice to know it saves them. 

@RussellP197074 

Hey Russell

There's been tons posted about the new Rewards Program I don't recall anything  about automatic signup?¿ [UPDATE: later today saw Teri post an answer- No Automatic- you will need to signup for new Rewards]

but as I recall I'm under the impression that We all will be receiving an email which will provide a link to get on the new Rewards Program site then once signed in we'll get our Bonus been told all R4G members will receive.

Also Teri has said they'll post info about it.... Teri posted new Topic "Thanks...." in which she has the 2 links to get to New Rewards Program Forum for our Community  I've bookmarked them already so check her post for that info if you've not already 

See ya on new Rewards Forum 

Ginger ;  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@gm5271 

Hi Ginger,

Congratulations #5, glad you won Walmart daily deal.  Enjoy your cardMan Happy  Good Luck to you on today's deal.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@k380494p 

Karen, Congrats on getting the Walmart daily deal.  Enjoy your winSmiley HappyI

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

@mi4090 

Hey Marylin I'm a person to add to count I got the Walmart card 

As @RussellP197074 Russell stated site was a mess I was on site 20 minutes before 3 all fine last minute at 3 freaked out I waited and watched got mine at 3:42 

Think possibly site been majorly overloaded this last week with so many newbies here just learning about it along with rest of us 

Good luck everyone getting the last R4G Daily Deal today & its truly last one at 3 as we've been told it'll be a Floating Deal no longer deals at 3 reckon find out what it'll be like tomorrow 

I for 1 will truly miss the 3PM deal but also know its been a means of frustration for many so with that I sincerely hope new Deal program will satisfy more folks

Enjoy last day of R4G site 

Hopefully as was said in another post yesterday it won't explode 💥💣🧨

Good luck 🍀

Ginger  :  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

Make me number 4 to get yesterday’s Daily Deal. I got it in my cart at 3 but couldn’t check out because the site crashed. After 20 minutes, I lost the deal. I stuck around and managed to get it again and check out when the site started working. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

I saw in another thread where someone mentioned auto enrollment in the new program.  Does anyone know where I might find that?  I thought we had to wait until it starts.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

Hello @RussellP197074 

Russell, glad you got Walmart card, now that makes a total of 3 members that have posted as being successful.

Hope Deluxe Rewards will not be moving with us, probably more of the same.

I'll see TuesdaySmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

@mi4090 wrote:

Hello @ssieler 

I didn't think many got the deal yesterday for Walmart, only (1) person has posted they got it.  I think daily deal site has been fixed like a slot machine.

It doesn't look good for AARP membership renewals.  

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

I was lucky to get one when it came out of someone’s cart about 45 minutes after 3:00.  I realized that the stir had crashed, because I couldn’t log in a couple minutes before 3:00. When it came back online sometime before 3:35, all were in carts. I kept watching and saw that they were popping up, so I casually started clicking on the button.  On my laptop, when it usually pops up right at 3:00, the button jumps when it goes active, so, if I click just above it repeatedly I can often get one. I found in this case when they come out of carts it didn’t jump, so I started clicking right on the button and got one.

Persistence can pay off, as it did this time.  Like everything else that has been buggy in the old system, we will have to wait until the 24th to see any changes, and hopefully, improvements that will make the system more fair.  Patience can pay off just the same as persistence.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

Hello @ssieler 

I didn't think many got the deal yesterday for Walmart, only (1) person has posted they got it.  I think daily deal site has been fixed like a slot machine.

It doesn't look good for AARP membership renewals.  

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Daily Deal: another scam? And, do we care?

Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I recently found out about the "Daily Deal".

I tried to get one ... "sold out".

A few days later, a new deal ... "all the items are in carts" (i.e.: no, I can't)

An *HONEST*, *ETHICAL* "Daily Deal" would tell us EVERY TIME how many

instances of the item are in the deal ... and how many still available.

For the Walmart $5 card for 500 points (something, @#$%^& FINALLY worth something at a fair rate of exchange of points to cost, and who's cost *isn't* inflated) ... sounded like a good deal.

But ... HOW MANY WERE THERE?

1?

3?

I'm betting less than a dozen.

AARPTeri ... care to take my bet?

Care to *PROMISE* that this feature, if in the new program, is actually run ethically and displays this information?

Oh, as to the second half of my topic ... nah, I don't think a significant number of people on this forum care (many do, and I've received kudos from them), including AARPTeri, sigh.

Stan

Kudos
Views
Replies