Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily Deal Frustrations

Message 1 of 5

Call AARP and tell them your concerns.  I had the same problem and she helped me "clear" my computer so I could buy stuff.  It works.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

The deal begins at EXACTLY 3 pm. There are thousands of people trying to get the item. If your internet speed is a fraction of a second slower than the others you lose out. I have managed to get free gift cards a few times.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

@Mileym

Hi Miley

Nope

Have to wait till 3 & actually almost minute after till it opens as available to add to cart with your finger ready to hit button

I've posted many comments on other Daily Deal threads feel free check those out since going try not repeat everything in this post 

As i've stated before many folks are trying get deal and so it will read all in carts quickly BUT that doesn't mean they are all gone cause sales have to be finalized and your given 20 minutes to complete the sale once its in your cart. 

Main thing is that fraud box appears if not won't allow person to complete sale 

If you have time wait patiently with finger ready to click add to cart button usually another becomes available even up to 30 minutes after began. Till site changes to next day offer you have an opportunity to get the deal. 

I've gotten them at various times(within 1st minute up to 27 minutes later) and various ways the one constant is fraud box must have it

I suggest trying on days with magazines that usually hang around awhile ....you can always edit cart and remove it but you'll be able to see how it all works. 

Good luck! 

Ginger  Smiley Happy 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Oops it posted twice : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Daily Deal Frustrations

Message 5 of 5

I waited and tried to add the daily deal to my cart right at 3p EST today and all the items were already in carts. How can that be??? Is there some trick to get it in the cart before it opens?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors