From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Calculator: Long-Term Care Error

Message 31 of 47

@mi4090 

Sorry didn't work I musta missed something in your posts? ¿?¿ didn't know you'd tried that. 

Have no other ideas

Its strange & honestly there may never be any help or satisfactory results.

I know my email issue drove me nuts Customer Service was no help just kept saying showed setup to receive and should be when wasn't 

Luckily I figured way to work out with another email address but sadly after trying so many things along with Removing all my spam addresses which now haunt me.... big mistake & it didn't help.... like you say I believe its on their end but we are at their mercy to what they'll do 

Again sorry for your issues

Ginger :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 47

6/15/19 @ 6:43a CST

@gm5271 

Good Morning Ginger,

Thanks for the advice on back door, I already tried plus another way of getting to the Retirement calculator other than using the Earn Page.  No matter the approach still no badges. As of today, the Spanish version is now missing badge.

My popup blocker isn't enable on any of the browsers I'm using.

On the 5/31/19 @andrewtoo  discovered that the badges were missing, but on 6/1/19 most members were able to get 1 or 2 calculators to work.  I created a post asking members what calculator worked for them.  I got very few responses, but each members was getting different calculators to work with a badge. STRANGE!!!! You were the only member that responsed that got (2) calculators to work, everyone else got only (1) working calculator.

I believe that this is directly related to your login with an algorithum.  There was plenty of time to work on who got which calculator to work via login; thus the reason it took so long to get the badges back and make adjustments via member logins.  I'm not an IT tech but there are definitely algorithums that can be created to acheive anything.

I wish a R4G computer programmer Warrior would please respond to what could be the cause of the numerous issues we are encounteringSmiley Happy

@AARPTeri 

I tried all suggestions and now NO BADGES for (English or Spanish) versions "Are U Saving Enough for Retirement".  As I stated previously cleared cache, used (4) different browsers, checked popup blockers for all browsers to no avail.  Can u get AARP IT & Deluxe Rewards to look into the issue with this calculator and my login.  Thank you for being a valuable asset to the community with all your help.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 47

Well @AARPTeri ,

I don't know what else to do.  Today it even gave me a confirmation of 75 points as shown below and the long-term care costs.  I was signed on.  However, it did not award the points to my account.  Very strange.  Since I received the screen below earlier today, I have tried with mixed results (all bad results, unfortunately).  Sometimes it will not bring up the "calculator" when I pull up the tool, sometimes it will not let me enter a location.  But, all of these bad results give no long-term care costs and no confirmation of points.  I'm glad it is a monthly and not a 75 point weekly.  I am using Chrome and you guys have no problem, so maybe this is just a dead issue.

001 Long-term-confirm-not awarded points.JPG

Thanks for your time,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 47

@mi4090 

Hey Marylin

I tried a few things now I could only get badges saying done since I've been rewarded points

In my search I suggest this not sure if will come up different but try can't hurt

Come in the back door by clicking on search button from AARP site then put Retirement Calculator in search box click to search it'll bring up results one will have about 

Retirement Calculator click more then it'll come up page chat about think another click bring up Retirement Calculator then see if get badges click to change to Spanish from tab on English version 

Like said might work might not sometimes when you go to same place from different direction it'll change the way comes up then it'll work

Its possible you blocked popups for that page before or may even have popups blocked and something on that page blocks it where don't for other quizzes 

Its anybody's guess cause alot depends in way they are setup to begin with 

Since you've not had work 3 months makes me think something got blocked with it

Like my crazy issue that can't get any AARP emails to my regular email....I spent months working on still couldn't get ended up coming up with idea setup another account with different email just so could get them.... weird things

Hopefully this will work its all I know to suggest I'm no computer geek 

Miracles happen all time so maybe one will now 

Good luck 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 47

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger,

My issue with Retirement calculators has been ongoing for (3) months now;  I'm thinking it must be connected to my login, unsure about that but nobody has had this problem.

It's the only calculator I'm having problems with.  Can u recommend something other than what I've already done in previous post?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 47

@andrewtoo 

Morning Andrew 

Sorry my suggestion didn't reveal anything Smiley Sad with all the crazy going on I personally couldn't recall what I'd done and what hadn't... so I'd went back checked mine saw those I listed so had hope same for you Smiley Sad

Hate hear there's still issues with some of the Calculators.... bummer

Glad to hear Teri will make sure you get the points if continues not to work

Enjoy your day 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 47

@AARPTeri 

Good Morning Teri,

My Calculator: Are you Saving Enough for Retirement (English & Spanish) not working.  English version has no badge at all and Spanish version has badge in the middle of the page but calculator doesn't work.

I've cleared cache, and used at least (4) different browsers to no avail.  This has been going for (3) months.  It worked (1)time the week before all calculators badges came up missing.  Now having the problem I stated above, since badges back.

This is the only calculator both versions that I'm having problems with.

Please HELP!!

Thanks for being so helpfulSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 47

@mi4090   @andrewtoo   I tried it again this morning in Chrome and had several people test in other browsers and they all were successful - can you try again?  Either way I will be sure that you get the 75 points for the quiz if it doesn't work for you today.  Just let me know.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 47

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger,

You make some good points (no pun intended).  However, I was sure that I hadn't completed the calculator before yesterday.  The reason that I know this is because I follow the same pattern of earning points on the first day of the month.  I knew if I took some of the monthly quizzes, then, later, I would have to check them all again.  I do the daily, then the weekly, then the monthly.  Since I couldn't do the posted weekly then I stopped and didn't do any of the monthly that were posted on the earn points page.

However, considering that my memory is not flawless, and I opened many of the monthly tools/calculators to check for badges, I thought it possible that I somehow completed the Long-term care calculator.  So, I looked on my list of rewards from the 1st until this morning and I didn't get credit for the calculator.  But, Ginger, thanks for your thoughtful comments Smiley Happy

Also, my badge on the calculator is still showing 75 points available.  As shown in the image below:

001 Long term badge.JPG

@AARPTeri   Did you try the calculator to see if it returns any cost information or gives points?  Or is this just a problem for me?  I am able to enter all of the data (State, Location, #of Days), then I tap the "Calculate your Costs" button and returns no costs and, of course, no points.

Thanks!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 47

@andrewtoo 

Good Morning Andrew,

I didn't get points for the Retirement calculators (English had no badge and Spanish had badge but doesn't work).  Only got points for (1) calculator on 6/1/19, and it was the Long Term Care and it worked and received 75 pts.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views