Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Auctions seem to be changing

Message 1 of 9

Hello @awallace1 

Can see Auctions with bidding ranging from (1) million pts. to 14,000 pts.  Impossible to bid on anything, and so sadSmiley Sad  The structure of how tiers are setup is private information as per Administration.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@awallace1   You don't see them because of how many points you have.  That's what determines what we see.   Now that I don't have many points I see them all....and don't have enough to bid on any of them, even the very reasonable ones.   If there is anything left to bid on, bid most of your points on it even if you don't get it and see if anything else appears.   Some things only appear to those with under 10k points.   

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

Anyone else notice there are dozens of auctions going off that never hit the main page?  Those are sensible, like 40,000 for a $10 gift card, but the ones that are there for days are run up to an insane amount.  But no matter what I do, change browsers, delete cookies, etc....I never get those auctions to come up so I can bid on them.  That is terrible.  I was refreshing every few minutes for an hour today, and as soon as the first couple of the regular auctions went off, I checked Closed and there they were, a dozen auctions that never became available to me.  That is unfair.  With our points being taken away, and I have over 400,000, we should all have every opportunity to get rid of them.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9
Could be people have no interest since anything of value is going for over a million. I myself would like a good prize with the time I spent too accumulated points some I joined and they are no where near a million. But to bid one hundred thousand points for a five dollar gift card is unreal. Warp is just trying to force people to donate points. I won't I will just loose them before I let a company control it. What has happened to all the ipads, I pods, kitchen aid mixers, computers, etc. See it has dropped to almost all gift cards. Some one inside gets the big prizes. Lol
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

I think there was a tech problem that some were showing 0.  I tried to bid on several items and the bid was not accepted even though it showed 0.   Later bids were entered as usual.  I then did not have enough points to bid....not that this makes any difference since I don't have enough to win.

I too think it's strange (again) that not one or two but all three big items have the identical number.   The big items appear to have gone to different people last month.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

Ginger,

I noticed those three high items, too. Their equal high bids have me wondering, too.

I think one or more bidders have bid higher than that and one bidder has kept trying, first on one and then the next, with the highest bid he or she could or would place at 1,105,750. Each time, the ...750 bidder would be outbid by 1 point and would have those points reinstated to the account to try on the next item.

Auctions are so much fun! (only a hint of sarcasm here *wink, wink*)

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

@Brightpool 

@mi4090 

Lynn & Marylin 

I've also been checking out each day even though I can't touch those bids ... just see what's happening

Lynn that is strange hanging around so long ..definitely not the usual 

Can you believe & I feel certain we'd be told is different persons BUT the big items all have same amount 1,105,751 bid the # of bidders and amount of bids are all different for each item but to wind up with all same total is strangely weird 

It does seem folks may be running out of points.... We may luck up get one nearer to September

Enjoy your day 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

@Brightpool 

Hello Lynn,

I just looked at Auctions and nothing has changed for me.  A 265,695 bid on a $5 Target Card that expires in (1) hr.  It's amazing how so many people can still bid so many points.  Also a 1,000,000 point bid on a $100 Target Card.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Auctions seem to be changing

Message 9 of 9

You must have noticed more auction items and higher values in them, but have you also noticed that the bidding is starting later. I wonder how many people are giving up or have used up all their points on other auctions already.

Each morning, I have noticed more and more of the new auctions going untouched or with just 1 or a few points on the bid. No matter what time I log in for the day and do whatever else, I usually check the auctions just to see what's happening there.

This morning, at about 8, mountain time, I found about a dozen auctions (give or take five or six) that either showed 0 points or just 1 point. In the past, I've usually only seen that within a few minutes of the opening.

I placed bids, just because I could, and the 0s changed to 1s. The auctions that had at least 1 point bid when I opened them immediately rose to beat my sane bid. I was surprised when one of the items went to 101 points. I wonder who bid 100 points for a $5 gift card amidst all the auction insanity.

Disclaimer: Notice that I didn't call anybody insane, here; I just mentioned that the auction bidding seems insane.

When we look back on this, I hope that most, if not all, of us will be able to have a chuckle about it.

We're here to have fun - and maybe learn a little along the way.

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors