Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you as smart as your car?

Message 1 of 4

Interesting quiz 

Until read others posts hadn't considered the hacking issue... guess I'm still naive ... that's one scary thought of persons crashing cars & such

But as my old boss in retail management used to say about our battle against shrink control(stealing) "Thieves stay up at night figuring out ways they'll get us " reckon same can be said about hackers in computer & technology world 

As famously stated years ago... "with great knowledge comes great responsibility " As we gain and learn.... seems all things come with challenges & consequences : (  Smiley Wink

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

"....I suppose that sometime in the future they will figure out how to make all this safety technology unhackable (read: safe).....".

I have great expectations for driverless cars, self parking, braking, etc. The technology is close, but not entirely there. I like all those ideas and I think this is a positive use for new tech.

But yes. The next thing that will happen is that we'll get a bunch of driverless cars out there and vandals will have transmitters that can defeat the car's systems and crash them, stop them, or direct them elsewhere. The industry needs to develop new electronic protocols and security systems. I have my doubts about that. Every new development gets the hackers energized.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Thanks, @AARPTeri.  That was a fun quiz.

Call me hopelessly old fashioned. When we bought a new car a couple years ago, we ordered it direct from the factory so we could travel without all the hackable technology. I suppose that sometime in the future they will figure out how to make all this safety technology unhackable (read: safe). At such time I suppose we will consider buying a car with all the whiz bang stuff. If not, I guess we'll look into a buggy. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Are you as smart as your car?

Message 4 of 4

New quiz for points Smiley Happy

Quiz: Are You as Smart as Your Car?

https://www.aarp.org/auto/trends-lifestyle/info-2018/car-tech-quiz.html