Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Are these points a worthless scam?

Message 11 of 24

@nctarheel wrote:

@AARPTeri wrote:

@ssieler , @mi4090 , @nctarheel , @easyed598 

AARP has always been transparent regarding this per our terms of service for the program.

I do have one question, @AARPTeri .

AARP always had a THIRD PARTY VENDOR operating the coupon "book" section of THE REWARDS FOR GOOD PROGRAM (ie. the restaurant coupons and such).

Will AARP continue to use that same THIRD PARTY VENDOR with its new program?

@AARPTeri, it has been several days since I posed the above question.

Several others postulated I wouldn't get a response and it seems they are right.

Will the same THIRD PARTY VENDOR be involved with the new AARP REWARDS?????

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 24

Maybe a little off topic, but funny! Smiley Happy

@easyed598 wrote:

It seems like these questions never get answered.  Don't understand it.  Big secrets must be protected, LOL.

AndrewToo----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Oh they get answered-The Dems just don`t like them-In 2020 the oceans will rise but  not because of global warming but because of the tears from the Democrats when Trump wins again.  KAG!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 24

It seems like these questions never get answered.  Don't understand it.  Big secrets must be protected, LOL.

AndrewToo----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Oh they get answered-The Dems just don`t like them-In 2020 the oceans will rise but  not because of global warming but because of the tears from the Democrats when Trump wins again.  KAG!
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 24

@nctarheel 

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 24

Hello @nctarheel ,

That's a good question, wonder if it will be answered.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 24

@AARPTeri wrote:

AARP has always been transparent regarding this per our terms of service for the program.

I do have one question, @AARPTeri .

AARP always had a THIRD PARTY VENDOR operating the coupon "book" section of THE REWARDS FOR GOOD PROGRAM (ie. the restaurant coupons and such).

Will AARP continue to use that same THIRD PARTY VENDOR with its new program?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 24

Not sure about other people ... but ... the end of AARPTeri's post reads like "you're right, but we won't admit it ... and we're dumping the old program".  Am I misreading it?

Teri ... you know you're wrong, of course.  (Unless you're education impaired?)

AARP has warned members about precisely the same kind of scams: apparent discounts to encourage seniors to buy things for more money than they're worth.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and rips your money off like a duck .... 

Stan

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 24

We appreciate your feedback however, AARP Rewards for Good program promotes learning opportunities for our members and in no way is scamming users.  Reward for Good points have no cash value. AARP has always been transparent regarding this per our terms of service for the program. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with this free program, we hope you will enjoy the new AARP Rewards launching later this month.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 24

Hello @ssieler ,

I don't believe that would get any attention, thus reporting them to themselvesSmiley LOL  Like reporting the federal government to the federal government.

But, I actually tried filing a complaint with the BBB who refused to do anything, probably getting kickbacks to silence complaintsSmiley Sad

Reminds me of the movie, "Too Big to Fail" , it's a DC thingSmiley Sad  What seniors have to go through and deal with is a sad state of affairs these daysSmiley Sad

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 24

We probably should each call the AARP scam reporting line (the "AARP Fraud Watch Network")

at 877-908-3360 and report the scam.

Or, report the AARP Rewards for Good scam online at:

https://www.aarp.org/money/scams-fraud/tracking-map/

Note, the scam description is limited to a very small amount of characters ... 

shame on you, AARP IT group, shame!

Kudos
Views