Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AUCTIONS RULES BROKEN

Message 1 of 28

@ralmon 

Happy happy 🎂 birthday Ralmon

& Yippee yippee for your Auctions wins Its truly nice to see a Auction player here on our community 

I hope you win as many as possible Plus I'm certain Marylin @mi4090 would love to have a Card she used all her points for 1 $5 card Very nice thing to offer to share with others 

Good Luck & hope see you here again 

Ginger :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 28

@ralmon @gm5271  

We posted about this earlier this month.  If someone has enough points to participate in more than one auction there is no way for the system to catch the multiple wins and this can happen.  

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 28

Thanks for the birthday shoutout. Smiley Very Happy

I just talked to someone at the Rewards for Good program. It appears there is no hard limit on wins per month, possibly even on per day. So, maybe the Terms and Condition are more guidelines for extreme cases? Can't say.

I feel the more unsettling behavior is one that auctions seem to appear and disappear randomly, with varying max bids. I see some $5 card over 200K and some barely at 50K. Weird.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 28

Hello @ralmon ,

Happy Birthday!!!! Congrats on figuring out how to beat the system with the Auctions, and your (3) limit monthly win, which doesn't seem to apply now.

I'll happily take some of those cardsSmiley LOL

Get all you can get while the getting is good!!!

Enjoy your wins and your birthdayHeart

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 28

Hello all,

I had previously written about the auction system sometimes not allowing a bid to happen that was clearly higher than the leading one. Maybe it was a temporary glitch, or some flaw in the net transfer, or the web programming of the site itself.

Nonetheless, I had been starting to bid on multiple auctions when I could. I've been so used to being outbid that I used a shotgun approach on new auctions that had only one or 2 points. More often than not, items were bid out of my point range.

Today, to my surprise, I won 3 auctions (yay, me! and on my birthday, no less). It appears, I am still listed as leading bidder on 3 more that I can see. The item list visibility seems to change even while I participate, so I can't be certain there aren't a few more on which I might be leading. I can't retract bids, so if the powers that be let me win those, please don't hate on me.

Should I win more today/tomorrow, I'll gladly send the cards to someone else who has had trouble winning anything. Maybe we can create our own little social game out of it. What say you?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 28

Hello @AARPTeri ,

This couldn't possibly be fair for (1) member to be allowed to win (8) Auctions in (1) day while the bidding for the majority is above their Tier level.  It would be wonderful to get an explanation for how this happened.  Thanks in advance.

Have a Blessed Day,Screenshot_2019-09-12-23-57-00.png@mi4090 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 28

@gm5271 

Thanks for your hard work on this!

@AARPTeri 

Gaming the automated system needs to stop.  Please pass it on.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 28

@AARPTeri 

Teri

This is not right

My mistake further looking down Auction winners list

She didn't win 6 times on 9/13 She WON 8 TIMES WOW 

WHAT'S THE REASON? 

The whole Auctions Winners list is filled with multiple wins per person

BAD BAD SAD SAD 

Ginger 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 28

@AARPTeri 

Teri Teri

I reread your response to my earlier complaint BUT 

This is not fair.... we no longer have any Sweeps to enter & Auctions are NOT being done fairly

Just now looked at winners Wow same person from Hawaii Won 6 Auctions yesterday WHY? HOW IS THIS RIGHT? Its not

See pics of Closed Auctions 

Sad sad There is no reason the system shouldn't catch 6 wins in same day WHEN Limit is 3 wins a month ????

SO Teri how do you explain this? 

Ginger 🙃🥴

Screenshot_20190914-072800_Samsung Internet.jpg6 wins Yesterday same person?Screenshot_20190914-072820_Samsung Internet.jpgHow is this fair? 6 wins same day

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 28

@gm5271 

Ginger, I've been SCREAMING!!!!  My Tier level has never changed, so all bids are out of my points rangeSmiley Mad  Almost out of points and everything is above my points levelSmiley Sad  I've never experienced a lower tier level.

Auctions are at the "sole discretion of the Program Manager" and many of us can see that.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views