Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP needs different items for sale on rewards for good

Message 1 of 3

Auctions have definitely changed over the ones a few years ago.  Points values have skyrocketed for one thing.  Second, I have experienced the same thing as you JaneL.  When I used to do auctions over the last few years, you could see the different bids coming in and make a reasonable bid.  Now, no matter how close you are to the ending time - even with just one second left - another bid automatically comes up exactly one point higher.  There is no way a "live" person would know what your bid was going to be and be able to bid just one point higher in the one second that is left.  My guess is that people are using online auction software that will automatically kick in a one point higher bid.  It is discouraging, to say the least.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP needs different items for sale on rewards for good

Message 2 of 3

I agree.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP needs different items for sale on rewards for good

Message 3 of 3

I have several suggestions about your Rewards for Good program.  If I took over and was asked to revamp the program, this is what I would do:

1.  First I would get rid of the auctions.  The items are too expensive and the amount of points required is outrageous!  Also, I put in a bid just for kicks, and immediately the bid went up 1 pt. higher than mine.  What's that about?  To get the bids higher and higher?  Am I a sucker?

2.  I would keep the daily deals.  It is great!  Those are the deals I would like to see all over the R4G pages.

3.  I would sell items that are way down in price.    You need to sell items that people can relate to, that use everyday, that are practical.  All I see in the stores are items that are very expensive, very elitist, for people who obviously have money to waste, and are decidedly luxury items.  Who needs those and who can afford those except for the very wealthy?  Not all of us are.

4.  I would give points to people who play the games.  I would have 50 points a game and maybe 500 points for completing a certain number of games.  The points are incentive to get people to come onto the AARP website and look around, take quizzes which are helpful, calculate amounts of all sorts, etc.  Give people an incentive to play the games!

5.  I would have more people picked for the sweepstakes.  When they pick 10 people, what are the odds?  Have them pick 40 or 50 people which gives us a better chance to win something.  I dutifully add points to the sweepstakes every day and would be really surprised if I won something.

6.  The deals for the restaurants and all the other gift cards are a joke.  10% off?  What?  Make it worth our while and give us at least 25% off.  Again, incentive.  Don't you realize and the restaurants realize that we would be going to their restaurant more and spending much more if we had that kind of discount?

7.  I would have several quizzes that come on at certain times of the day where you have to pay attention and answer them for a lot of points, like for 2000 points.  There would only be 2 a day and they would be marked somewhere on the R4G pages.  I think that would be great fun!

Come on AARP people - you can do better than what you have.  You have a good thing going but you have a long way to go before you really are serving the senior community.  Do you know that I represent 100,000 +  people just from writing these suggestions?  Thanks!

Kudos
Views
Replies