From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP members will still earn 50% more points

Message 1 of 7

@k380494p 

Hey K

Very interesting to know this info having joined AARP b4 R4G I had no proof so couldn't share when others asked about that

Thanks again for informing us of this. 

Enjoy your day 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@HokiePoq   The 2/3 comes from which way one looks at it.  50% more than 100 is 150.  2/3 of 150 is 100.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

@k380494p    Thanks for posting your experience about membership.  Good to know!  Don't know where the two thirds points comes from, though, as all I've ever seen has said 50%

Will be interesting to see how the new program handles this....and hopefully by this time next week we'll know a lot more about the new program.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@HokiePoq   As per your comment: "And again I really don't have confidence that nonmembers  get only half the points."

I joined the R4G program before I became an AARP member so I can confirm that AARP members receive 50% more points.  For the time prior to joining AARP, I received 2/3 the points that AARP members received.  So...for logging in, I received 50 points instead of 75.  Quizzes gave me 300 points instead of 450, etc.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

@tomf84   As mentioned before apparently one does not have to be a member.  I think this is a marketing mistake on the part of AARP.  Participation should be a perk of membership.  I think games should be the same instead of having a very few that say "Members Only" which I seriously doubt exclude nonmembers.  I don't have that much confidence in the programmers, lol.   

Offering the goodies to the general public is not a good idea....just my opinion.   There is no incentive to join.    And again I really don't have confidence that nonmembers  get only half the points.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Hello @tomf84 

Tom, you didn't have to be a paying member to join and earn points with the R4G program.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP members will still earn 50% more points

Message 7 of 7

AARP members will still earn 50% more points. More points than who?

Don't you have to belong to AARP?

Kudos
Views
Replies