From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Sweepstakes

Message 51 of 61

@ej64073754  I am not sure what you are referring to regarding the extra entry?  Our Official Rules for each sweepstakes state that “When you log in to the AARP Rewards for Good website, which can be accessed through www.AARP.org, you will receive 1 Ticket(s) into the Promotion. Limit of 1 Ticket(s) via this method each day.” Members do not receive an extra entry.

Please let us know if you see communications that indicate Members get an extra entry. We will correct them immediately.

AARPTeri
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 61

@MaVolta and @ej64073754

Potential winners will be notified by email, mail or via the Message Center on the website after the drawing date. You can find this information in each sweepstakes’ Official Rules.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 61

No, I don't think you're being cynical at all. I think there's something going on with these sweeps that AARP needs to look into. Thanks for your insightful comments.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 61

So, in other words, what you're essentially saying is, "Like it, or lump it."

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 61

OMG! Can you say boilerplate? Come on, AARPTeri, most of us have been around long enough to recognize PR double-speak.

As to the original question about restricting sweepstakes to AARP members, it's been a while since I had to design a sweepstakes, but I vaguely remember something about not allowing certain requirements, such as membership or purchases, in order for the sweepstakes to be legal. As I remember, the rules for sweepstakes are complicated, if not completely arcane.

But there's no similar reason for AARP dropping the number of winners per sweepstakes, which does make it more difficult to win. Unless, of course, that reader/visitor engagement on the website has precipitously dropped to correspond with the drop in prizes. That would not speak well about the marketing of the R4G site  -- one assumes it's not being done this way in order to prove lack of visitor interest so the program can be shut down.

But perhaps I'm being cynical (ya think?) <g>

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 61

@ej64073754

Thank you for your feedback.  We reallly value your dedication to the rewards program and appreciate your feedback on some of the recent changes to the Rewards for Good sweepstakes experience. 

We aim to be as transparent as possible with the rules for all of our sweepstakes – especially around the number of prizes awarded. We would love to know if there is a way we can better communicate the details that are most important to you, without having to read through the fine print.

All of our sweepstakes are odds-based, and we offer a variety of ways to enter in order to keep the playing field level. Some sweepstakes are more popular than others, which impacts the odds of winning. This could be a reason why you haven’t won recently. And while using your points to enter sweepstakes can increase your odds of winning, remember that you are automatically entered each day when you visit the Rewards Catalog.

Watch for new sweepstakes opportunities each week, and remember to visit the Rewards Catalog for your daily entry.

Rewards for Good Team

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 61

Thanks for the reply. At least I will know what to look for, not that I expect to win! Cat Wink

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 61

You get an e-mail notice, plus, on the rewards for good site, where you enter the sweeps, there's a "message" at the top. Normally, it just shows 1 message, which says you get one entry for logging in. If you see 2 messages, it means you've won something. Then you click on it and follow the directions.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 61

@ej64073754 - How do they notify the winners? Is it by phone? email?

I enter these sweeps all the time as a way of using my points. I've never won anything. 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 61
ONE THING I FAILED TO MENTION - YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE AN AARP MEMBER TO ENTER THESE SWEEPS. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS REGISTER IN ORDER TO GET TO THAT SITE. AARP MEMBERS GET ONE EXTRA ENTRY ABOVE NON-MEMBERS. IS THAT FAIR? I THINK THESE SHOULD ONLY BE OPEN TO THOSE WHO HAVE PAID THEIR AARP MEMBERSHIP FEES.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors