Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Sweepstakes

Message 41 of 61

I’m extremely disappointed! I recently won a sweepstakes for a $500 Walmart gift card. When I got the card there was only $15 on it!!! I have tried to message through the website and I keep getting responses how to joi. I want to know where the rest of the money is. I can’t get anyone to help me. 

Candyce

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 61

As long as winners are not contacted via telephone, that is great. This is because of the substantially increased volume of scam calls, I no longer answer calls from incoming telephone numbers that I don't know. If no messages are left, then I'll never know that I have won. Therefore, other means of contacting winners, other than telephone, are preferable. 

I sometimes check my SPAM box in my email just to see if relevent emails were erroneously automatically forwarded there.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 61

If you read the rules, anyone who lives in the US and is at least 18 years old can open a free AARP account to join Rewards For Good. So, this increases the number of sweepstakes/gift card participants dramatically. Also, while other companies who sponsor sweeps do not allow their employees to enter, Reward For Good does not make this statement. Something seems a little fishy to me. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 61

I am about to stop entering these sweepstakes. The odds must be akin to the power ball. I have been entering regularly for years and have never won one thing, not even a $10 gift card. It doesn't seem worth the effort. Rewards for good? Where are the rewards?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 61

What the heck is going onj

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 61

I did reply already what kind of value do you want 5

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 61
No sure which sweeps you're referring to. There's 2 different pages - one is where you click on "Rewards for Good" at the top of the page, and then click on Visit The Rewards Catalog." The other one, the one that usually offers bigger prizes won't be found there. At the main AARP page, scroll all the way down to the bottom and click on "Sweepstakes." That will take you to a page where you can see the latest sweeps offered. Right now, there's only one.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 61

What happened to the page for the sweepstakes? I cannot find it anywhere. Is it already over?

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 61

@ej64073754  

You’re right that we made some changes to our sweepstakes recently. We noticed that our higher value featured sweepstakes received more participation than our weekly sweepstakes. With this information, we decided to beef up the value and number of our featured sweepstakes each month. You might have noticed we added one more featured sweepstakes in the month of January compared to December.

We’re constantly working to find the right mix of rewards for our Rewards for Good participants. Your feedback is incredibly helpful to us and we will keep it in mind as we plan future sweepstakes prizes for the program.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 61

@AARPTeri - Okay, thank you. 

Kudos