Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Sweepstakes

Message 31 of 61

@Gbotts 

Hey G

I'd hit button again so you may not have read all or any of my 2nd post

Yes was shocking when won reckon been entering couple years then won & the 1st 2 on lists I won 2 weeks apart which was shocking

I myself like going to closed Sweeps reading folks who win and where located if you check this out can see comes from all areas and always excites me see folks from NC & MS win along with being from areas I've been to in my lifetime

So its all matter of luck and I feel its an honest program What does R4G stand to gain if isn't? All its ever costed me is my time doing quizzes & entering So feel its worth my time 

We'd have no chances to win anything or get Daily Deals without R4G program which is benefit to being a AARP member & personally I'm very grateful for the opportunities and for this Community truly a blessing to me 

Good luck maybe your win is coming soon 

Ginger : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 61

Remarkable. I have been playing regularly for years and have never won one thing. Makes me wonder if I’m doing something wrong or if multiple entries don’t get counted. But you have won so I guess it’s a fair and genuine sweepstakes. Most odd though to have such impossible odds for small gift cards. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 61

@RussellP197074 

Hit wrong button 

Anyway I feel if win anything its good since its using points earned Way I look at it since I also try win Daily Deals which a $5 Gift card will cost 500 points Doing Sweepstakes the small ones usually go 8 days which get 1 entry free use 49 more for total of 392 points costs to win ones as I've won Sure play alot don't win but its just points which I benefit  from doing quizzes So I feel its worth the effort and points since R4G gives them to us To me its all a bonus to our membership Also I play $10- $20 lotto scratch offs a week which cost money & win what spend at times not nothing big

So I guess its for each person what they feel is worth their time to do 

You may win one with only each days free point given its all luck of draw 

I used to do them all but no longer enter ones of no interest or no locations in my area 

Its exciting to win anything to me who knows how long b4 win again or if ever win big one but sure be nice and you can't win if don't enter that's for certain

Good luck 

Ginger : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 61

@RussellP197074 

Hi Russell

I've won 4 Sweeps in my time in entering them

Won:

$15 Shell GC with 98 entries 

$10 Chick Filet GC with 298 entries 

$15 Macy GC with 344 entries 

$5 Target GC with 394 entries 

I use points for ones interested some are useless in my area if don't have businesses near me & such

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 61

No, I've always purchased extra entries with AARP points earned though answering their quiz questionaires. I haven't won that many times, and, when I did, it was usually for a $5 gift card. It's been a long, long time since I've won anything. I'm getting to where I'm wondering if it's worth my time.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 61

I actually did once receive a $25 gift card in the mail by the entry you are given by logging in, without "buying" an entry.

It was about 3 years ago. A very pleasant surprise.

Karen

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 61

Question for anyone who has won a sweepstakes: Did any of you win as a result of just logging in without buying more chances?

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 61

@CanRil67   I understand that you have been in touch with our Rewards team and that they are looking into this issue.  You have been confirmed as a winner of the Walmart Grocery Grab. The Rewards team will be getting in touch with you directly.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 61

Hello @ej64073754 

I haven't entered a Sweeps in years, it's a way for members to deplete their points and no chance of ever getting enough points for valuable items bidding.  I also saw post in the Community that all AARP employees could bid and perform all the same tasks as members, being able to see things before us and winning bidsSmiley Sad

Have a Blessed Day,

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 61

Well, I've been entering these sweeps for a long time, and I honestly can't remember one for a $500 Walmart gift card, especially one that's been recent. You can go to the "Rewards for Good" page, click on "Sweepstakes," then on "Closed Sweepstakes," to see the ones within the last month or two. I saw one that had a Walmart $15 gift card - if you click on it, it will bring up the names of the winners. You can look to see if your name is listed. No chance you're thinking of the number of points you used to enter was 500? (50 points a day times 10 days.) Anyhow, if you're not getting any on line help (which you won't), call: 1-888-OUR-AARP

Kudos
Views