AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP AUCTIONS???

Message 51 of 61

cwesthuis,

With the ability to earn 5,000 points maximum a day, you could earn well over 200,000 points in a year.

There are multiple ways to earn points that may be used for the Rewards Good Program.

1.       Once per day earn activities

2.       Once per month activities

3.       Once per year activities

4.       Once per week  activities

5.       Promo codes that are included in the weekly promo emails

6.       Promo codes that are included in the monthly eStatements.

7.       Promo codes on package inserts that may be included in your order packages

8.       Logging into AARP.org once per day

To find the Earn Activity tools please visit http://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/ and click on “Earn Points” .   Remember, AARP members earn 50% more points.

If you do not receive promo emails or eStatements, you may sign up for them by visiting the Rewards for good site and on the Account page, click on Email Preferences (left side of the page) and then select the check boxes and save. 

For more information and a video tutorial about the Rewards for Good program, please visit the Video Tutorial page on the Rewards for Good site at http://bcove.me/ghq3cuby.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 61

How do you get 203,000 points to win an Acer tablet" I've completed all of the quizzes and have only 76,000 points. I called Rewards for Goods and was told that the only way to get points is to use the take quizzes, use the calculators, etc, which I've done.  Some of the calculators will allow you to use them more than once, but with minimal points, like 15 or 30.  At that rate, it would take me 5 years to earn enough to bid on the electronic items.  The "customer service" people at Rewards for Good were not nice and had no answers. It all seems rather shady to me. Anyone willing to share how they earn points once they've completed all of the quizzes?

Thanks

Carole

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP AUCTIONS???/ Extended play

Message 53 of 61
Way to destroy the whole program, people. AND now you'll get to complain about that, too. What a deal!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 61

I feel there should be a limit to the extended play.  I have seen it go up to as high as 100,000.00 points and bidding and winning with such a high point count, you have lost all of your points and have to start all over again to build you points up.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 61

I think the AARP auctions are a joke and a complete waste of time! What other auction site makes you keep on clicking to place bids? NONE! All other auctions permit you to place the maximum bid that you wish to pay for an item...if you're outbid, so be it!

AARP could take lessons from Ebay!!!

I can't begin to tell you how many hours I've wasted, trying to compete in these so called "auctions".

No notification if you're highest bidder...no notification if you've won or lost. Even if you are highest bidder, if they don't want to let you win the auction, they'll just give it to somebody else.

This is the biggest FARCE I've ever seen in all the auctions I've attended.

Well, never again...I quit!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP AUCTIONS??? If you do win, they decide who wins and will take it away if they feel like it

Message 56 of 61

Wow...Well I did win something but not on extended play. You can go back 3 hours later & it's still going! Don't quite get it. lol

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP AUCTIONS??? If you do win, they decide who wins and will take it away if they feel like it

Message 57 of 61

Well I've been bidding on auctions for about 1 month.  I've won a few but it's pretty sketchy for the most part.  The auction is more like a sweepstakes, they give it to whoever they want to be the winner at that particular time.  I've won the restaurant.com gift cards a couple times but the others are almost impossible.  I've won and ended the auction as the winner and then they decided to give it to someone else.  Even though I clearly had the blue bar on top and the winning bid, with no other bids showing up.  I see so many sketchy things going on with the auctions.  Truly it should just say we decide who wins and will take away the win from you for no reason, even if you ended the auction with the final bid as the winner.  This has happened to me.  If you do win an auction wait at least a week to try again.  Don't try to go in and use the rest of your points because you'll be kicked out, stopped, so many crazy things to stop you from bidding and winning.  I've also been kicked out of the system for a while just because I'm bidding and trying to win something.  The terms and conditions should also say if you do win an auction wait at least 2 weeks to try again.  Well anyway good luck.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 61

Extended play...For what? You seem to sit there for a very long time! I like to bid and get it over with. What is the sense in all of this? I sat one night for over an hour or so, going back and forth to my pc while it went from 7 sec back to 9. How long has someone sat with this extended play till the end? Just curious. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 61

I won one regular auction. It seems to be just luck if your bid is the last one. I also won a $100 gift card in an extended play auction. If you have enough points and stamina, I think it is easier to win those. You just need to stick with the bidding. You don't have to bid for hours and hours. You can start when you think the auction might be getting toward the end. For example, most $100 gas cards seem to go for 70,000 - 95,000 points. If you start to bid when the bidding reaches the low end of this range, you are probably looking at about 1 1/2 to 2 hours of bidding. Read a book or watch TV while you bid. It is frustrating to run out of points after investing the time, so first work on getting lots of points.

I do think AARP should introduce "silent bids" so those with health, family, job issues can also participate in auctions by submitting one secret bid.High bidder wins. Not everyone has the time or stamina to participate in these marathon auctions.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 61

I am also looking to know if anyone has won.  I have bid in 10 auctions now and when it comes to the end, no matter how fast I bid I am always outbid.  It also seems that when I bid in the last minutes I will see the 'I am the leading bidder" but when I get to the last minute, I never see that prompt only the outbid sign.  Seems as if something isn't kosher.

Kudos
Views